Risks in buying a Phone with Seller Warranty?

ajaymailed

In the zone
more often we see phones in many shopping sites at much lower prices but for seller warranty or with no warranty whatsoever from ebay etc. But really whats the deal with those phones? one wouldn't mind if they are used second hand phones but what are the chances of it having serious hardware defective or repacking the phone with cheaper hardware components?
i just wanted to know all the possible reasons of it being sold without manufacturers warranty, whats the whole background story going on?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
what are the chances of it having serious hardware defective or repacking the phone with cheaper hardware components?

Nobody knows to be honest.

all the possible reasons of it being sold without manufacturers warranty, whats the whole background story going on?

Main reason, money. "you gain, I gain." If it works, Aam ka aam guthili ka daam.

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
^As i said the quote, "you gain, I gain". He gains by saving the taxes, and you too.
you mean just by saving taxes, he can sell at so much lower price, some phones with seller warranty are sold at much less price, almost 30-40% lower. if smuggled goods are the main reason, then there is not much to worry.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
you mean just by saving taxes, he can sell at so much lower price, some phones with seller warranty are sold at much less price, almost 30-40% lower. if smuggled goods are the main reason, then there is not much to worry.

Yes, plus many of those are smuggled or "custom" goods also.

billmaster

Broken In
Anther aspect is that these are generally with expensive electronics so if it does not work or stop working in a while it gets ugly!
So unless its a 50% off deal I would go with mfr warranty | Wait until its officially launched and supported | Have seen some cases where people fight for their own decisions :)

Top Bottom