rig for creating games under 60k

aj1nkya

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I need PC for creating games and also for playing games. Application i will be using are Unity 3D, UDK. I will also be using Blender for creating some basic 3D stuff for prototyping 3D games. Games that i will be playing are Battlefield 3, GTA V(after launch :p), Crysis 2-3, Assassins creed 3, COD Black ops 2, Just Cause 2.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: My budget is around 55k but i can go till 60k if needed.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: I am not planning to overclock.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit and Ubuntu 13.04

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB but for making rig under 55k i can go for 500 TB also.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: yes i want to buy monitor. I need monitor size around 22-24 inch. Because Unity 3D and UDK are better usable with bigger display.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have mouse with me. :lol:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. But i will be doing it for first time.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Pune. I will stuff locally. But if price for that some part is lower on online site then i will buy it online from Flipkart.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I want Nvidia graphics card only. Beacuse i want Nvidia PhysX engine that is only supported on Nvidia Graphics Card.
I have tried finding parts for building new PC. But overall build is crossing max 60k limit.
Here is config:
CPU:AMD FX-8350 Eight Core
Motherboard: ASRock 970 extreme 4 or MSI 970A-G46
GPU: Zotac Nvidia GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB DDR5
Cabinet: Corsair 400R or CM 690II Advanced mid tower
PSU: SeaSonic S12II 620 watts
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL)
HDD: WD Caviar Green 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD10EZRX)
DVD-ROM: LiteOn IHAS124-04 DU DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive
Monitor: HP Pavilion 23FI 23 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech k200
NIC: TP-LINK TF-3200 10/100Mbps PCI Network Nic

Cilus

laborare est orare
For Motherboard, get Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 @ 7.2K
HDD: Toshiba/WD Blue 1 TB @ 3.9K
Monitor: Dell S2240L 21.5" 1080P IPS Panel based LED @ 8.6K

^:+1: asrock's After Sales Service is bad and WD Blue drives are better than the Greens.

/offtopic/

Meaning to ask this for quite some time, @Cilius, what does the wordings below your username mean?? Also, what is that avatar and where did you get it from??

Shiva

Cilus

laborare est orare
It means "Work in my Prayer". And my Avatar Picture: That is a custom built cabinet made of old Computer Motherboards

Top Bottom