Ridge Racer Unbounded

gameranand

Living to Play
Its not about trust or something.. but the reviewer who played the game, must have liked it. Reviews are kind of mixed. But, I didn't liked it.

Well its not a new thing but I usually see hyped games rated positively even if they are not that nice and other not so hyped game at lower score. I do read their reviews but as for trust I don't trust their reviews at all. I prefer to play for myself then rate the game.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^Yup.
Many top review sites IGN ,gameinformer etc are more favourly inclined towards over hyped games such as COD,ME etc.
I have seen it myself.
I agree.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^^ even I did not liked it but still somehow giving it around 30 mins each day and reached level no. 10.

BTW, one thing I've noticed is some races can't be won without a proper car and there's not plenty of suitable car you can select in each race and sometime ( even when you are flying through with speed at at No. 1 position - AI cars from far behind will just pass you like they are running on rocket fuel ;-)
Exactly. Can't believe i played this one this far! But now it won't advance for some lack of unlock points and i don't gonna play same levels. So it's 75% done for me.

@skud- Thanks.

A review depends on a group of reviewers, if their view about it isn't the same as yours then it won't suit you, opposite for otherwise.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bigger problem is the price. You expect reviewers to take that into account too, 50USD is too much asking for this game.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay, finished, easiest last race i ever played.
Now as usual i can't find the save games file. Location please? Not there in App data or Saved games.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I searched and found this. Can anyone confirm if this is the right save files?

*rapidshare.com/files/1938075094/ridge_racer_unbounded.rar

TIA.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Ok,
Started playing this,well I think the developers wanted to make it like Split Second but its not & cannot be compared with SS.
Card detailing is amazing even though the game size is surprisingly low coz when u compare the size with other games such as NSF:HP 2010 u say wow so small size game.

Sound & Music is excellent better than Split Second where music is monotonous.
only thing I didn't like is the environment graphics which looks cheap & low on quality(they must have focused more on slow motion take down & car detailing)

As this is by Namco,so u will see Japanese cars only such as Nakamura etc(There is also a car named 'Tekken')

Menu is most excellent part of this game.Really is looks so pleasing to eyes...good job here

The Cut-Scenes after each city complete looks like a manga animation (gr8 here too)

And u can destroy many thing such as pillars,car shops,railway station etc using only Power Mode.Ah I forgot to tell there are two modes Nitro Mode & Power Mode which is different then other Racing games & which u can earn using drifting only.

Drifting is most exclusive part & looks so amazing (u have to practice a lot for that).

There are many modes of game play such as the Behemoth mode where u drive a Giant Truck to destroy as many cars to earn stars...

The Take downs are called Frags here.(Did I say that Frags also looks good yes they are).

To Dominate an event u must come 3rd (1 Star) else u will fail.
Some races are piece of cake but some are not..u will pull hair most of the time trying Nth time to come 1st or 2nd (which is possible if u choose the right Car for that race)

Overall this game is challenging (try the drifting event & u'll know why).Now it depends on you how much u like & how long u play it (if it doesn't bore u)

I'll give 7.5/10 overall...It is not a must play but is good game to spend some time on drifting.

Top Bottom