RIAA dying ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Say goodbye to the RIAA, for its days are numbered. EMI, one of the "big four" record labels that feeds $132.3 million every year to trade groups such as the RIAA and IFPI, has decided that its money could be better spent elsewhere. It's reportedly considering cutting its funding towards the trade groups significantly, which would make it a lot harder for the RIAA to sue people, invade people's privacy and generally be huge dicks.

EMI is a business just like any other company, and its new owners must have realized that spending $132 million a year to alienate their customers was providing them with a really poor return on investment. I mean, it's just not good business sense.

Will any of the other major labels follow suit? Time will tell, but if they do you can pretty much wave goodbye to the era of the RIAA having influence. A bittersweet victory it would be, as I'd need to find something else to ***** and moan about every day, but it'd be worth it in the end

Source

victory?
we already won, as we are in India.
RIAA is america. USA. who cares what happens there?
lets worry about ourselves.
Bring faster net.
Bring better cheaper hardware.

anyway, I wish my US friends the best of luck.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
^^^ Won eh,

I guess you never heard of the IMI, thought they are intelligent enough to go for big time commercial pirates and not the, just another file sharer.

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Let it Die...& then gimme the good news

BTW 132 $ million ......OMG 528 crores........on a stupid fight.......drain money

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Have any incidence ever took placed in india regarding these file sharing stuff like that?
Coz even in us it hard to make the judge understand what really p2p is ...think of indian judges:-D ;-)
Even if it comes to india nobody will care...yöü cant sue indian population...;-)
Then yöü have to spend atleast ten times what they are spending in us...
Anyway nice to hear that fu.... Riaa is dying..please someone remove the o2 mask...let then die fast... :-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom