RFC (Request for Comment! ) on this Ubuntu Installation guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FilledVoid

Hi all,
Ive posted a basic install procedure of Ubuntu on my blog and I would like to request comments about the guide. The pictures in the guide sucks and once I get screenshots from installing Ubuntu on Virtualbox or something ill change them. Please recommend parts which I have missed from the install procedure as well as recommendations.

If anyone has the screenshots of the Ubuntu install on their system please do let me know . Thanks :)

*www.filledvoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ubuntu-install.pdf

OP
F

FilledVoid

Strangely enough I seem to have different screens from the one posted in there. is the install process for the DVD edition different from the CD version? I'm going to try on VirtualBox soon to find out. However thanks for the info :)

praka123

left this forum longback
@exx:there is CLI Debian installer also bundled in Ubuntu DVD along with ubiquity!so...that may be the reason.when u boot livedvd,check for those options!esp text installation option(debian installer,more stable and better!)

praka123

left this forum longback
what i said is the boot screen of live DVD contains few more options especially the text installer(debian) or say ubuntu gutsy dvd=ubuntudesktopcd+ubuntualternatecd options bundled along with all the packages.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@exx-Good stuff there. One suggestion, since this guide is for beginners, I suggest you include methods such as installing basic multimedia support, since n00bs will be a frustrated lot. You can just mention the source at the end of the file. Well, how about also including method to resize partitions using GParted in case they didn't get the partition size right?

OP
F

FilledVoid

@exx-Good stuff there. One suggestion, since this guide is for beginners, I suggest you include methods such as installing basic multimedia support, since n00bs will be a frustrated lot. You can just mention the source at the end of the file. Well, how about also including method to resize partitions using GParted in case they didn't get the partition size right?

Working on that itself :)

Not sure about the use of Gparted since I haven't myself used it :x . Will try it out though soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom