Review my website on Shillong & give your feedback and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
i finally uploaded my almost finished work on a website for Shillong, my hometown >> www.shillong.co.nr << I designed this site keeping international tourists on mind. Please give your feedback on the design and layout of the site and also suggestions on how it can be improved. also if you can help me with the design, code, contents, etc. i'd be more than happy to accept your help... till now this an entirely a work of my own ;) Please co-operate guys, i want this to be one of the best sites before i buy a TLD for it. Thanks in advance.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
First congratulations for your site. The interface is cool. :)
I have a few suggestions:

1. You can change the body font.
2. Put a hover image for menus.
3. Use underlines for hyperlinks.
4. You can also decrease the height of the header. Its a bit large atm.

Overall its looking nice.

OP
abhi.eternal

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
thanks vishal for the suggestions. based on your points >>

1. i tried increasing the font size. it messes up the compact look and also increases the page length (i don't think anyone would like to scroll down and down on a city related website). check the Get Around page for example... i couldn't help it though.
2. i think that's a good idea. when mouse is hovered over a menu item, a tooltip kinda image fades in (can this be done with css? i'm not sure)
3. tried that too. but then decided that it'll look good with hyperlinks in a different color which gets underlined when rolled over. in this way people will know that its a hyperlink.
4. header. hmm. well, this is the smallest i can go with!! if you check its 950 X 325... when i started, it was 950 X 500!! problem is if i try to try to make it smaller, the ratio just doesn't look right. anyways, it gives a clearer picture (pun intended!!)

and now a question for everyone (a very important one): after looking at this website, will you be interested in visiting Shillong? Will you tell other people about it? Will you forward the link to your colleagues in office?...Well, that's more than one question, but each of these are important. thanks.

OP
abhi.eternal

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
come on guys, share your thoughts... if the site is too bad, please let me know so that i can try to make to better.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
It is awesome! But the website seem a little simple
Also the menus are too basic. You can make the menus a little more classical

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom