Review: Exaile Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Linux.com has a nice review of wannabe amarok for GNOME Users-Exaile.
One of my favorite open source applications is Amarok, a music player with an intuitive interface that makes boring tasks such as organizing large music collections less troublesome. The only problem with Amarok is that it's a KDE application and I'm a GNOME user. Although there's nothing wrong with running KDE programs on GNOME, they take a long time to start, since they need to load the KDE libraries and components they depend on first. I've found a good alternative in Exaile, my new favorite media player for Linux.

Exaile is similar to Amarok, but it's based on GTK+ (the GIMP Toolkit), the same GUI toolkit GNOME uses, and thus it loads almost instantly on GNOME and integrates nicely with it. The first impression the program makes is that it's a clone of Amarok, at least from an interface point of view; if you're an Amarok user, you'll feel right at home.
*www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/01/03/2140240

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Exaile has a long way to go before it can become Amarok. Till then I will definitely stick to Amarok then Exaile.
But, Exaile challenging Amarok isn't a bad idea but it shouldn't really try to be a clone of Amarok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom