Restricting Use of Computer for a limited period only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krishna Kumar

Right off the assembly line
I have two children who simply love to play games while I am away. One of them is 10 and the other is 12 years of age. Is there a way by which I can get the computer to automatically lock / switch off after a given period of time. My operating system is Windows 98.

Is there a way where I can automatically get a copy of all the mails I receive in my Sifymail account to my Yahoo acount.

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Accurate Shutdown is a powerfully automatic software that turns off your computer and at the user-specified time. It can turn off / reboot / logoff the computer, turn off the monitor only, disconnect from the Internet, and execute one or a group of programs. It can synchronize your PC`s time to atomic clock servers in world. It has many timer options to meet the needs and requirements of all kinds of users on different occasions.
-==Features==-

Supports most operating systems: Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP
Turns the power off completely;
Executes appointed programs at the user-specified time;
Synchronize your PC`s time to atomic clock servers;
various timer options to meet different needs.
Offers password protection for the system safety.
With a simple, compact,use-friendly interface that is easily mastered and used.
Keeps the computer/Internet unavailable in the specified time period everyday.

It is a sharware
get it from

*www.softaward.com/download9197.html

For your second query, I dont know about Sify, but is possible using the Filters functionality of Gmail.

aadipa

Padawan
I use freeware called SwitchOff to shutdown at given time. But it resides in system try. and offers no password protection while closing.

Try it...

*yasoft.km.ru/eng/switchoff/

Overview
Switch Off is a tiny easy-to-use tray-based system utility that can automatically perform various frequently used operations like shutdown or restart your computer, disconnect your current dialup connection, lock workstation, etc. It also provides fast access to this operations through system tray icon. Utility has fully customizeable Web interface, that allows you to initiate operations mentioned above remotely from any computer with web browser installed. Web interface includes WAP support, so you can control your computer from mobile phone. This utility is intended to be used by either novice or professional user, because of its intuitive interface and professional features.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
ferrarif50 said:
Accurate Shutdown is a powerfully automatic software that turns off your computer and at the user-specified time. It can turn off / reboot / logoff the computer, turn off the monitor only, disconnect from the Internet, and execute one or a group of programs. It can synchronize your PC`s time to atomic clock servers in world. It has many timer options to meet the needs and requirements of all kinds of users on different occasions.
-==Features==-

Supports most operating systems: Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP
Turns the power off completely;
Executes appointed programs at the user-specified time;
Synchronize your PC`s time to atomic clock servers;
various timer options to meet different needs.
Offers password protection for the system safety.
With a simple, compact,use-friendly interface that is easily mastered and used.
Keeps the computer/Internet unavailable in the specified time period everyday.

It is a sharware
get it from

*www.softaward.com/download9197.html

For your second query, I dont know about Sify, but is possible using the Filters functionality of Gmail.

Check Aye Shutdown at *www.ayesoftware.com/. Now I wonder how 2 such softwares can be so same. Either one is stealing the code of other or what? This is not new and I have seen this case in some other softwares also.

Check both their screenshots:

AyeShutdown
*img213.echo.cx/img213/8990/ayeshutdown9cm.jpg

Accurate Shutdown
*img213.echo.cx/img213/4892/accsh3zk.jpg

aadipa

Padawan
cool_dude_prav said:
Why go for such S/W and instead why not go for command prompt?

Type
shutdown -s -t <time in secs>

And Kardo Magic!!

wher can u get shutdown.exe in Win98 ??

ferrarif50

Journeyman
cool_dude_prav said:
Why go for such S/W and instead why not go for command prompt?

Type
shutdown -s -t <time in secs>

And Kardo Magic!!

I know this dude! But cant u see, the OS mentioned is Windows 98, shutdown.exe is only avaibable in Win NT/2K/XP/2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom