restarting laptop[system shutdown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

artem

Broken In
i have a acer aspire5000series laptop..i had previously installed sysmantec 10.x.x antivirus...i had removed it yest n tried loading avast 4.7..it installed properly but now i am gettin a message like:

THIS SYSTEM IS ABOUT TO SHUT DOWN...PLEASE SAVE ALL YOUR DATA AND LOG OFF..THIS SHUTDOWN WAS INITIATED BY--NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

the other msg that comes below this is:
Windows must now restart because the DCOM SERVER PROCESS LAUNCHER SERVICE TERMINATED UNEXPECTEDLY...

THE CAPTION OF THE POPUP IS SYSTEM SHUTDOWN n it appears wen the windows welcome screen comes

i have no idea why this problems ther...its totally screwed up ma system plss tell me what has to be done...

OP
A

artem

Broken In
i tried doing that this message only comes wen i start the lap in safe mode otherwise it restarts in the beggining only wen i try to boot it i hv uninstalled avast but still persists

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
is there a 60 second timeout?
if yes then open run command and type 'shutdown -a'

Sourabh

Laptoping
This is Sasser. Update with Service Pack 2 for Windows XP is a must. Then you can install any AntiVirus program you please.

For now, use the shutdown -a method and upgrade to SP2. A better idea would be to back up your files somewhere and install XP with SP2 again(fresh). This time be careful and use an AV from the very beginning.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
yeah ther is but wat ll dis command do...
Stop the shutdown. Just hibernate after that instead of shutdown, I think that will work. U do know exactly how to use 'shutdown -a'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom