Residents of Kolkata , Please help

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Hello

I'm moving from Bangalore to Kolkata (for a year or two) .Kindly help me with few of my queries.

My office is in DLF IT Park in Rajarhat.

What is the best area to live nearby (10-20 mins travel on Bike is acceptable ).

My requirements :
1 BHK flat or 1BK flat.
Area: 450 - 600 sq feet.
A decent place to live, with no issue of water and power .
A peaceful and decent locality with all necessity close by .

Budget : 6000 / PM .

Places I am looking at: Salt Lake, New Town.

Also, regarding Internet plan.

My requirements :
Atleast 8 MBPS
Should have FUP of atleast 75 GBs (preferable only download FUP and not upload).
Budget: 2000/pm

Kindly help .
Thanks

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hello

I'm moving from Bangalore to Kolkata (for a year or two) .Kindly help me with few of my queries.

My office is in DLF IT Park in Rajarhat.

Most probably you've joined IBM.
There are two DLF building in Rajarhat. I'm in DLF2, please check if your is DLF1 or 2.

What is the best area to live nearby (10-20 mins travel on Bike is acceptable ).
Salt lake and new town is very suitable place but not in your budget. You can look for stay near "Chinar Park". Best place for you.

My requirements :
1 BHK flat or 1BK flat.
Area: 450 - 600 sq feet.
A decent place to live, with no issue of water and power .
A peaceful and decent locality with all necessity close by .

Budget : 6000 / PM .

Places I am looking at: Salt Lake, New Town.
1BHKs are scarce here. You can get 2BHK in that budget but might be far from your ideal locations.

Also, regarding Internet plan.

My requirements :
Atleast 8 MBPS
Should have FUP of atleast 75 GBs (preferable only download FUP and not upload).
Budget: 2000/pm

Kindly help .
Thanks
8MBps in that budget is impossible here. Few operators in Salt lake provides broadband of higher speed but the speed might not cross 4MBps on that budget.

I've taken 1MBps connection from my local cable at the cost of 1600/-/pm

Anyway beset of luck in your house search. Meet me when you are hear :)

Last edited:
OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Most probably you've joined IBM.
There are two DLF building in Rajarhat. I'm in DLF2, please check if your is DLF1 or 2.

Hey thanks for the reply.
And yes I am in IBM. Tower B.
Salt lake and new town is very suitable place but not in your budget. You can look for stay near "Chinar Park". Best place for you.

1BHKs are scarce here. You can get 2BHK in that budget but might be far from your ideal locations.
How far do you think? I could see a few 1BHK flats in MagicBricks and sulekha in that price range, so maybe I need to search more.
8MBps in that budget is impossible here. Few operators in Salt lake provides broadband of higher speed but the speed might not cross 4MBps on that budget.

I've taken 1MBps connection from my local cable at the cost of 1600/-/pm
Oh boi, coming down from a 10mbps line (for 1500) to 1mbps will hurt a lot . I am so used to 10mbps now that even 2mbps seems slow and gets on my nerves.
How about Rapid 80 GB from Airtel.
*i.imgur.com/gX2k1Ji.png
Anyway beset of luck in your house search. Meet me when you are hear :)

Thanks and sure will.

My parents stay in Entally . But I do not wanna stay with them , because after living independently for many years, it'll be extremely hard for me to stay with them now
The excuse I have given them is that I can not travel so much everyday on my bike.
So I need a place within 4-5 km from the office otherwise I will have to live with them only. Which I do not want in any case.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
How far do you think? I could see a few 1BHK flats in MagicBricks and sulekha in that price range, so maybe I need to search more.
Right now I've information of a flat very near of your office @12K.
Its 2BHk unfurnished.

I asked few of my friends and they told you would get 1BHK in that range in Salt Lake and/or new town but might shell out brokerage for that.

Oh boi, coming down from a 10mbps line (for 1500) to 1mbps will hurt a lot . I am so used to 10mbps now that even 2mbps seems slow and gets on my nerves.
How about Rapid 80 GB from Airtel.
*i.imgur.com/gX2k1Ji.png
Looks pretty good. Again totally depends on your requirement.

Top Bottom