Resetting laptop to factory settings

arjotsingh

Broken In
Hey guys
i bought a dell laptop with win 8 pre installed. Now I want to reset it to the factory settings from the inbuilt recovery partition. But I read somewhere that resetting deletes all the user created partitions as well. Please tell me if it is right or not.
Thanks in advance.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Its not factory settings but I think you can do a system restore at most.All the OEM's provide their own software to reset the respective laptops.

Windows already has that built in System Restore in Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore. Windows can also create a complete system image which allows you to save the image as a DVD, on a network location, or on another drive. Go to Control Panel >> System & Security >> Backup and restore. If you want to store the image on another drive then the second option would be best

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Factory image restore method for Windows 8 (DBRM) | Dell US
Please be aware this process will erase your hard drive, including your data, then re-install the previous backup file. This process once started, cannot be interrupted. If you attempt to interrupt the process (for instance, by turning off your system), your computer may not boot and could cause data loss.
take backup of all your data then proceed.if by any chance this is not correct for your laptop model then post your experience here.

Top Bottom