Requirements of Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayavardhanarao

Broken In
I am buying a new PC and the mother board has 128MB graphic card built in is it is sufficient to run the vista graphics like 3D windows, Aero graphics etc....
If not please suggest.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
don't be misled by the above link, you need atleast dual core processor like AMD X2 and 2 GB RAM to run any application smoothly. get a separate graphics card (geForce 8600GT is cheap these days) if you plan on using only vista (i.e. no XP). my PC (config in my sig) runs vista but is not able to run any game even at 640x480 in vista, whereas the same game runs at 1024x768 in XP.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^^hmm.

that's interesting.

Am able to play Crysis in Vista. albiet at 1024x768. but Play games like farcry, GRID, CoD at full resol of 1440x900.

AMD Athlon 3000+ (single core)
2gig ram
HD2600XT 512MB GDDR3.

Earlier i used onboard nvidia 6100 and was able to work on vista without any problem

All that you need to do is some tweaking.

Jack Carvar

Broken In
As long as u are getting 1+ gig of RAM and a 2.4+ Ghz proccy and atleast 128MB+ VRAM, Vista will work fine without any lags except heavy apps. But dont plan gaming on this low end config.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
don't be misled by the above link, you need atleast dual core processor like AMD X2 and 2 GB RAM to run any application smoothly. get a separate graphics card (geForce 8600GT is cheap these days) if you plan on using only vista (i.e. no XP). my PC (config in my sig) runs vista but is not able to run any game even at 640x480 in vista, whereas the same game runs at 1024x768 in XP.
me with c2d e4500 2.2GHz, 512x2 @ 800MHz RAM, intel gma x3000 onboard gfx.:))

vista runs real smooth.

i play GTR2 at 1024 @85Hz, full gfx., that game slows only when there are more than 25 cars on circuit:p
cod4, played it on latest gfx. driver at 1024, med. gfx.
battlefield2 at 1024 @full gfx...

@OP, if you're getting Intel m/b, then get the one which has gma x4500 (G43 chipset)
X4500 supports DirectX 10 and Shader Model 4.0 features. Intel designed the GMA X4500 to be 200% faster than the GMA 3100 (G33 chipset) in 3DMark06 performance and 70% faster than the GMA X3500 (G35 chipset).

but know this, all the onboard gfx. will use the CPU a lot, so get a good processor too. like core 2 duo

Jack Carvar

Broken In
Actually the G31/G33 is enough for basic Vista computing. Heck, even my 945 IGP runs Vista comfortably without Aero on 1440x900.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
me with c2d e4500 2.2GHz, 512x2 @ 800MHz RAM, intel gma x3000 onboard gfx.:))

vista runs real smooth.

i play GTR2 at 1024 @85Hz, full gfx., that game slows only when there are more than 25 cars on circuit:p
cod4, played it on latest gfx. driver at 1024, med. gfx.
battlefield2 at 1024 @full gfx...

strange, seems intel is far better than geforce 6100 onboard. could it be a problem with the drivers? i tried to play POP T2T and NFS MW.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit

will it run smooth on Acer aspire 5500 ?

Intel Pentium Mobile 1.73 Ghz
2GB RAM
ATI Radeon X700 64 MB Graphics card

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
one tragedy occured to my lappi ...

^^ VISTA IS really PISSSSS TA :x :x :x

I had installed skype and then logitech webcam driver..after it was so slow...that i was frustrated....after that when calling from skype..my sound drivers stopped working ...
I restored it to an old point 2 hrs back

but still it was damn slow :x

so had formatted again and installed win XP :p

XP rocks !!!!!

Vista sucks !!!

Naya Nau din purana sau din (Old is gold)

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
right, vista can run smoothly on any respectable pc, but any thing else wont. just run vista and keep staring, install any app and it starts to slowdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom