Require a cheap replacement for xbox 360 controller

quicky008

Technomancer
Today my xbox 360 wired controller,that is around 10 years old finally conked out.Its right bumper is stuck and the dpad seems to be malfunctioning-i tried opening up its innards and cleaning it but to no avail.So i seems it have to get a replacement for it now.Original xbox 360 controllers appear to be prohibitively expensive,so i was looking at some 3rd party controllers with xinput support and the cheapest one that i could find is the Redgear pro wired controller:

Amazon.in: Buy Redgear Pro Series Wired Gamepad Plug and Play support for all PC games supports Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 Online at Low Prices in India | Redgear Reviews & Rating

it has received mostly favourable reviews and appears to have pretty good build quality-however as redgear is a relatively unknown brand,i was wondering whether their products are reliable or not.Has anyone here ever used any of redgear's gamepads?Are they durable and would buying one really be worthwhile?

I prefer using wired gamepads as wireless gamepads need to be charged frequently,which is a bit of an irritant.So i haven't considered buying its wireless variant that's also available.

My budget is restricted to Rs 1200-so can anyone suggest which gamepad would be best suited for my requirements? (i require one that supports xinput mode and also features force feedback ie vibration)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Today my xbox 360 wired controller,that is around 10 years old finally conked out.Its right bumper is stuck and the dpad seems to be malfunctioning-i tried opening up its innards and cleaning it but to no avail.So i seems it have to get a replacement for it now.Original xbox 360 controllers appear to be prohibitively expensive,so i was looking at some 3rd party controllers with xinput support and the cheapest one that i could find is the Redgear pro wired controller:

Amazon.in: Buy Redgear Pro Series Wired Gamepad Plug and Play support for all PC games supports Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 Online at Low Prices in India | Redgear Reviews & Rating

it has received mostly favourable reviews and appears to have pretty good build quality-however as redgear is a relatively unknown brand,i was wondering whether their products are reliable or not.Has anyone here ever used any of redgear's gamepads?Are they durable and would buying one really be worthwhile?

I prefer using wired gamepads as wireless gamepads need to be charged frequently,which is a bit of an irritant.So i haven't considered buying its wireless variant that's also available.

My budget is restricted to Rs 1200-so can anyone suggest which gamepad would be best suited for my requirements? (i require one that supports xinput mode and also features force feedback ie vibration)

you can get it repaired, replacement parts are cheap on ebay, get a friend who has soldering skills and get it fixed. Otherwise the xiaomi gamepad seems to have good reviews and build quality as far as i know, downside is you will have to use these drivers on it
Releases · irungentoo/Xiaomi_gamepad · GitHu

I wouldnt recommend redgear, Xeox as people using those controllers have complained of their build quality in the past. You can try thrustmaster or Logitech F310 (No rumble, beware of deadzone)

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Unfortunately i don't know anyone who might be able to repair the controller,there's an electronics shop in our neighbourhood but i'm afraid if i send it there for repairs the technician may damage it even further instead of fixing the problem that's plaguing it at present.So it seems i have no choice now but to get a new controller.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Why not get a second hand xbox 360 controller for rs 1200-1300 (See IVG/Erodov forums ) . Seriously there ain't a single controller for < 1.5K that is half decent .

Top Bottom