Request for help on Motherboard selection - Budget: 10-15K

rembranded

Broken In
Hi folks,

I've been noticing some random PC crashes, that for some reason I attributed to my CPU overheating because the side of my case gets hot. Since I thought of this self-diagnosed heating issue, I made the bad decision to replace the thermal paste on my processor in case it wasn't properly applied the first time (In retrospect, this was a stupid idea, since the only time thermal paste was applied on this was with the aftermarket cooler pre-applied paste, since then my processor and cooler were both new).

In this endeavour, I cleaned the previous paste, applied it anew, and then replaced the processor and re-assembled my PC and it didn't boot :( After dismantling my PC again to check the issue, I noticed that I accidentally bent half of the processor pins on my motherboard. I would appreciate any help in suggesting a new motherboard to fit my existing config. Details are below:

• Old Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming K6
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 8600K - This uses an LGA1151 socket
  • GPU: Zotac Nvidia GeForce 1070 Ti AMP! Extreme
  • RAM: 2 * 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
I'm looking for a mobo that will work with the above config, with at least 1 M.2 slot (since I have an M.2 SSD)

Expected Price: 10-15K (approx.)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This looks suitable for your needs - ASUS PRIME Z390-P Motherboard (Intel Socket 1151/9th And 8th Generation Core Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-4266MHz Memory)

OP
R

rembranded

Broken In
Thank you so much for the recommendation. I did a bit of reading on this mobo and its an entry level board. I completely agree with the fact that my budget is kind of low at the moment, but I just wanted to check if this will support the full CPU Turbo Boost range and not throttle it. I have no plans for Overclocking any time soon (even though my processor is unlocked), but I just want to run my PC back at a level where it used to work for long extended periods of time (16+ hours) working as my previous mobo.

OP
R

rembranded

Broken In
Just out of curiosity, what would be an ideal budget and ideal motherboard you would recommend for the rest of my config?

Also, thank you so much for the recommendation once again, just wanted to see how much more I'd have to spend, to get what is the ideal mobo

OP
R

rembranded

Broken In
I found the same product on Amazon here, but I also wanted to check what your recommendations would be on a refurbished motherboard, and refurbished or not, will this be better: Asus ROG Strix H370-F Gaming available here

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Refurbished will also do, but make sure to test it before buying. Can't be too certain with refurbished products.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Happened with me once OP. Very bad feeling. I took the board to Nehru place (NCR) and a shopkeeper was able to replace the socket for Rs. 1200 from authorized Gigabye service Center. See if that is possible in your city.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found the same product on Amazon here, but I also wanted to check what your recommendations would be on a refurbished motherboard, and refurbished or not, will this be better: Asus ROG Strix H370-F Gaming available here

If you get lucky you will get a almost new ie motherboard kept for replacement purpose at service center and if don't a repaired motherboard which longevity is questionable and not to mention a meager 6 months warranty so better to opt for new only. Here's two I can suggest :

*www.amazon.in/ASRock-B365-Phantom-Gaming-Motherboard/dp/B07MWH3Z5F/
*www.amazon.in/Gigabyte-Z390-Intel-Micro-Motherboard/dp/B07QK64STQ/

Last edited:

quicky008

Technomancer
Which aftermarket cooler were you using? A decent cooler wouldn't have let the temperatures increase that much in the first place.

Top Bottom