Request: Does AMD 64 Bit Processor support Oracle 9i and 11i

Status
Not open for further replies.

venu500

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone,
One very urgently needed answer for a question.

Does AMD 64 Bit processor support the 32 bit Oracle 91 Application Server cum Database and Oracle 11i.

Thanks in advance to all those who answer.
:oops: :roll:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
first off welcome to the forum mate :D

nextly ya of course it woudl support ur 32-bit oracle 9i and 11i apps cause they are built to support both 64-bit as well as 32-bit applications.....further more these proccy even tend to increase the processing rate of these 32-bit applications.... :wink:

OP
V

venu500

Right off the assembly line
Thanks

First of all, THANKS To
1. SWATKAT, &
2. ALLWYNNDLIMA
for ur suggestions.

Actually i have a P4 based PC , a 256 MB RAM on a 845GL based Mercury Motherboard.
On this configuration, Oracle Forms 9i takes a very long time to start and the applications run too slowly. I have tried using another 256 MB RAM of my friend, making mine a 512MB RAM PC. Even after doing so, i was left with no good response. But i tried with the same configuration (512 MB RAM) but on a AMD 2600 XP AMD Processor, and the result was amazing.
I was'nt sure whether Oracle would run on a 64 Bit AMD and requested the same to u people.
Anyway, thanks.
Venu :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
anytime dude.....just be sure to stick around in the hardware section....theres always more info provided on these processors and mobo details out there....also Amd processors have a reputation of being very excellent in their processing power and with the launch of thier 64-bit processors like Athlon 64 and 64Fx series they just have a total edge over the Intel proccy's.....the heating issues are also said to be taken care of in these series.....64-bit applications are still a way to go but the 64-bit processors can easily handle these existing 32-bit apps like a breeze :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom