Replacing 2 Year Old HP Laptop

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Hello,

Let me answer to the questions straightaway -

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Max 55K. I am expecting somewhere around 25K or so for my 2 year old 15" HP DV6 1106AX ( 250GB/3GB RAM, ATI Gfx 512MB Card )

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Dell, IBM
b. Dislike: Toshiba
Haven't used any other brand than the above mentioned.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Will be running virtual machines on it - maybe via Vmware ESX or HyperV.
Other than the above, movies, browsing, and of course gaming.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

As I said before that i'll be running virtual machines on it for my work, this will require 16GB at least. I can purchase a laptop with 4GB or 8GB, but want to be certain that it should eventually "support" 16GB.
Second, i'll be running games on it, and would be keeping this laptop with me for next 3 years or so - so looking for 2GB gfx card ? Maybe 1GB card ?
Third, I am not too much concerned about storage - even 250 or 320GB drive would do.
Last, I'll prefer a laptop with NO OS on it.

Naxal

Little Kid
The question is, will it support??

Chipset based limitation, though the chipset it self may support but I guess the makers of the system boards are not giving connectors with ability to handle more than 4GB a slot.

I doubt.

Please email any of the makers for more details, since as the chipset goes, they can support a lot but individual slots given in the system board are said (in product manuals) to be only supporting 4GB at max.

I guess increase your budget to afford laptops with more than 2 slots to meet your RAM targets.

Top Bottom