Replacement suggestions

the.one

In the zone
I have a few suggestions, but lets get something straight.
Samsung is the ONLY company that makes Amoleds for phones, and they reserve the best panels for their own phones, so if you hate Samsung then I'd advice you to skip amoleds, chances are you will end up with phones whose amoleds will not be that good, specially given your budget(else I'd have suggested Nexus 6p).

Moto X Play: Since your budget is 35k I'd say skip it. First of all the 615 is not a chipset for 1080p, it will get taxed a lot. Also note X Play does not have Gyroscope sensor, that means no Google cardboard vr, youtube 360, google camera photosphere 360 panorama and some games might cause issues. The biggest issue is that google maps streetview will not work properly, a huge problem if you use your phone to navigate while driving.

OnePlus X: Stay away from this phone like the plague, it has many issues. The amoled panel is just pathetic, its like Samsung's last years batch or something, the colors are saturated as hell and the display cannot even produce reds, its really really bad. Second is the fact the OS is as buggy as Windows vista, it crashes a lot and has many issues. And don't get your hopes up about the company fixing it, their last os upgrade to fix some bugs ended up bugging out the sd card. A fix for the sd card will probably kill the camera. Their after sales service is very poor. So stay away from this phone.

Nexus 5x: Not s bad choice, but lacks SD card and already one year old, so basically means google will abandon it next year, and CM might go that route too. Its not advisable to buy a phone at the end of its production period.

My suggestion for you is the Moto X Style, this phone has everything under 30k(except fingerprint sensor), if you rather spend not that much then you can get he Moto G3, since your requirement is web browsing, this has good battery life as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Another suggestion is the LG G4, since it's come down to 32k, this has better camera than the X Style, removable battery. The OS will probably will be updated till android 6(LG has two year update cycle) but one thing I have learnt after using the G2 for two years is that LG makes some really good phones, their displays are best for an IPS panel and they have one of the best custom UI in terms of features, speed and stability.

I got the OnePlus X recently. Though Im trying to find faults with it, I dont find many. Find the display to be good too. I may return it if a fix to the SD card issue does not come quickly. Though the company may not be having good after-sales, what I like about it is - it has a very active community, they are always listening to user feedback and ready to come-up with fixes in their software.

The Moto X Play is good too, did not find any issues with everyday usage on SD615. Maybe heavy games dont play well.

I would suggest Galaxy A8/S6 to OP if camera and battery-life are priorities. And they can handle games well too. Moto X Style is a good as well, as is the Op2.

About Nexus 5x I've recently heard that many are facing issues with the call quality. Sound from the other end is not audible (what's the point of buying a high-end specced phone for 32-35k if it cant take calls :oops:)

I've noticed that Moto X Style (Pure in 'MURICA) has a more active development, CM13 is usable (still lot of crashes, but thats true for CM13 in general) and CM12.1.

The only concern now is the battery life and the size. Coming from a Galaxy S4, I want to see how much bigger is the phone. Any ideas?

Visual Phone Size Comparison

OP
BakBob

BakBob

Mods changed my name :(
Visual Phone Size Comparison

Thanks for that! The calibrate feature was really helpful.

The Style seems way too big for 1 hand use, but I think I can manage Play more comfortably, but since both are significantly bigger, I think both would take some getting used to.

Thanks for that! The calibrate feature was really helpful.

The Style seems way too big for 1 hand use, but I think I can manage Play more comfortably, but since both are significantly bigger, I think both would take some getting used to.

Yeah... I still don't want to jump to phablet territory.... I hope some companies would continue making 5"(or less) flagships

Top Bottom