Replacement For My LG G2

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Quick question. FK Republic day started. Other than already mentioned G7 and V30 +, below available. Please suggest urgently.

Galaxy S8 - 30,990
Pco F1- Armored Version-25,999
Pixel 2 XL (64GB)-38,499
Galaxy S8 Plus- 34,990

Quick question. FK Republic day started. Other than already mentioned G7 and V30 +, below available. Please suggest urgently.

Galaxy S8 - 30,990
Pco F1- Armored Version-25,999
Pixel 2 XL (64GB)-38,499
Galaxy S8 Plus- 34,990
S8+ has a bigger screen & battery, if you want those. Otherwise S8 is same. Pixel 2 XL has a bit better camera & better speakers but lack headphone lack. Stock vs Samsung UI is a personal preference. Samsung UI isn't poorly optimized like Oppo or Vivo ones. Poco F1 is the best performer among them.

Pixel 2 XL will get Q, others will remain in Pie. I don't like the new navigation system of stock android Pie though, traditional 3 button layout is faster for daily usage.

So choice is upto you. All of them are good with Samsungs & Pixel being better suited to your requirements.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
S8+ has a bigger screen & battery, if you want those. Otherwise S8 is same. Pixel 2 XL has a bit better camera & better speakers but lack headphone lack. Stock vs Samsung UI is a personal preference. Samsung UI isn't poorly optimized like Oppo or Vivo ones. Poco F1 is the best performer among them.

Pixel 2 XL will get Q, others will remain in Pie. I don't like the new navigation system of stock android Pie though, traditional 3 button layout is faster for daily usage.

So choice is upto you. All of them are good with Samsungs & Pixel being better suited to your requirements.
+1
I personally feel that the Samsung Experience/One Ui is better than stock. Smooth like a butter.

+1
I personally feel that the Samsung Experience/One Ui is better than stock. Smooth like a butter.
Its personal preference really. Stock fans would bash any heavily skinned android most of the times. Stock is faster for sure but I'm personally willing to trade few milliseconds lower response time for more features built in.

Something like oxygen OS of OP is a better solution but not many manufacturers do it.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Its personal preference really. Stock fans would bash any heavily skinned android most of the times. Stock is faster for sure but I'm personally willing to trade few milliseconds lower response time for more features built in.

Something like oxygen OS of OP is a better solution but not many manufacturers do it.
Oos is full of bugs nowadays. It won't run basic Android apps which all phoned are running. Check their bug report page, it has weird bugs. What they are doing is release a phone every 6 months, regularly update it, but port the same phone's rom to the older iterations in the name of update. Pie is totally messed up for the 5t. They have poorly ported 6/6t's rom along with a notch.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
You can't go wrong with it bro. What major difference is there between oreo and pie? Nothing.
I am not asking about just the software. I am asking about overall spec and features of S8+ and whether spending around 30 k for a 2 yr old device?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I am not asking about just the software. I am asking about overall spec and features of S8+ and whether spending around 30 k for a 2 yr old device?

From the hardware perspective, compare the s8+ with any of the phones selling in that range today and it would beat them all. Of course on the paper the new phones will have an advantage like new processor but that won't matter as per your usage.
You might be interested in this though-
@anupam_pb
Are you able to use dual 4g in your s8?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Got really confused as to which to buy between S8 & S8+. Finally ordered S8+ for 33K (Applied HDFC cashback offer of 4K. Price will be effectively 29K).Hope i did right by choosing S8+ over S8 and it's not too tall.Thanks for all your help.:)

Can anyone also suggest me the best case for S8+ ?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Got really confused as to which to buy between S8 & S8+. Finally ordered S8+ for 33K (Applied HDFC cashback offer of 4K. Price will be effectively 29K).Hope i did right by choosing S8+ over S8 and it's not too tall.Thanks for all your help.:)

Congrats. Get a dbrand/gadgetshieldz protector and order any protector/tg friendly case.
Which color and website?

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Thanks again. Can someone advice how do I copy all my existing data from my old phone to s8?

So nothing wrong with buying a 2 yr old device?

Only major con might be lack of updates after Pie, should get security updates till the end of the year or maybe a bit more. Otherwise, S8/S8+ are great, better camera than most other choices including OP 6T (except for portrait mode), Pixel 2 XL is better, V30+/G7 might match it. S9 doesn't have a big camera jump although S9+ is better because of the 2nd camera. The SoC is similar to S835 which is good even now (outmatched by S845 of Poco in this price) & will be good for next few years.

Thanks again. Can someone advice how do I copy all my existing data from my old phone to s8?

Samsung has a switch app, don't exactly remember its name but its good, even transfers app data from other Android devices.

Congrats.

Unless you have small hands, you won't regret it. The better battery life definitely helps over S8.

Top Bottom