Cyborg Agent
hi all
I have a Win7 x64 Ultimate working on the following hardware :

Processor : Core i5 2310
Motherboard : Intel DH61WW
Ram : Corsair Value Select 4 GB
PSU : Corsair VS450
HDD : WD 1TB Green
a PCI Realtek Network Card (since the onboard network port gave up one year back)
Optical Drive : ASUS DVD RW Drive

the problem is happening since April but I came to know about it one week back when i came home.
so I installed win 7 again(Fresh Install) , but the problem still persists.

I first thought that the problem may be due to the Faulty onboard Network port, so I disabled the device from device manager.
the problem still persists.

after searching through some websites, i tried to find the BSOD error code from Event Viewer here it is :

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 5/26/2014 6:22:42 PM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DAGA-PC
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffffa80c329ad3b, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80002a78fb5, 0x0000000000000005). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: .
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="*schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-05-26T12:52:42.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>4593</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DAGA-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="param1">0x00000050 (0xfffffa80c329ad3b, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80002a78fb5, 0x0000000000000005)</Data>
<Data Name="param2">C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP</Data>
<Data Name="param3">
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Please suggest what to do as the frequent BSODs ensure a great pain.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I'm not be able to help much. But you can use *www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=analyze to analyze the BSOD.

It'll analyze the DMP files and report you the analysis in simple English which you can understand and some possible resolution (if any)

But remember not to upload the main DMP file, instead upload the Mini Dump

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I'm not be able to help much. But you can use *www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=analyze to analyze the BSOD.

It'll analyze the DMP files and report you the analysis in simple English which you can understand and some possible resolution (if any)

But remember not to upload the main DMP file, instead upload the Mini Dump

thanks for the solution but :

another thing to mention,
there are two errors at the same time in the event viewer . one for the shutdown and the other for non- creation of minidump file.
so.
is there any way to create a minidump from the whole dump file.
the dump file is approximately 350 MB.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
The Problem Still persists.
now, i have seen these Three showing up very frequently.
1. Pagefault in non Paged Area
2. System Service Exception
3. IRQL Not Less or Equal
in the decresing order of occurrence.

maybe more, but these i saw

I googled, saw many threads, but that didn't solve my problem.

I ran memtest86. (from USB)
no error.
it was still running, after pass 1 , should I let it work further passes ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try memtest86+ version and yes, keep the test running for at-least 4 passes.

Check your HDD for bad sector [ use HDD manufacturers diagnostic tool ]. Remove the the LAN card, remount the cpu [ also make sure it's not overheating ] and test with a different ram module on a unused ram slot. Lastly if problem still persist you need to check the PSU and motherboard.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Update Windows
Update Drivers using some automatic update software like uniblue driver scanner.
try this utility to fix IRQL issue. SlimCleaner Plus - Home
Try system restore before the date issues started.
try to boot in Last Known Good Configuration by tapping F8 when system restart.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Try memtest86+ version and yes, keep the test running for at-least 4 passes.

Check your HDD for bad sector [ use HDD manufacturers diagnostic tool ]. Remove the the LAN card, remount the cpu [ also make sure it's not overheating ] and test with a different ram module on a unused ram slot. Lastly if problem still persist you need to check the PSU and motherboard.

will try memtest86+ after 3:30 today,
also, the HDD manufacturer's tool (WD)
LAN card after that today.
but the CPU remounting has to wait till Friday end atlest.
also,
How to test whether its overheating or not.
its burning summer out there, what temps do you think are within the "OK" level?
i'll use HWinfo64.

- - - Updated - - -

Update Windows
Update Drivers using some automatic update software like uniblue driver scanner.
try this utility to fix IRQL issue. SlimCleaner Plus - Home
Try system restore before the date issues started.
try to boot in Last Known Good Configuration by tapping F8 when system restart.

OK.
I'll try after the above stuff is done.
Thanks

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
idle should be below 50 an load below 80-85.

what amount of load ?
i have 5 tabs on Firefox and two on chrome, Quickheal running with the HW info program and the Core temps are about 62.5 to 63.5 C (which sometimes jump to 69C and min is 58 C)

how to put load?
I mean what software ?

Last edited:
OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
the BSOD problem went away for a few days, returned again two days back.
I am unable to upload the minidump files as an error pops up and shows "You don't have permission to open this file. Please contact administrator t........ "
but i am the sole admin on this computer. (in fact, there is just one admin user on this system. )
so I downloaded and instelled : Nirsoft BlueScreenView.

should I upload the full HTML report ?

also, i am using avira since many days.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah, upload the report or better take ownership of the minidump file .. for ownership use this :
Take Ownership of a File or Folder

BTW, did you perform the tests I asked ?

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I tested the memtest86+ for the four passes , but i had to go outside (it takes lots of time), so i asked my sis to exit after four passes, she didn't check if there were any errors,
then i searched google if the program saves the result, didn't find anything useful.
I have also checked with the WD diagnostic tool, no error in quick test, didn't run the extended test though.
i can only fiddle with the PCI LAN card as of now, because i don't ahve any thermal paste with me, I cannot go for remounting the CPU.

- - - Updated - - -

did what the technet page said, still no access to the minidump files,
Though the software (Nirsoft BlueScreenView) could check the files ad show the report.

see the bluescreenview report here :
*drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v8WpOA3p10RTBmekU2bjJjU2M/edit?usp=sharing

- - - Updated - - -

I removed the lan card, the re installed it.
also changed the ram stick to another slot.

just one BSOD :
070314-14710-01.dmp 7/3/2014 6:19:43 PM DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 00000000`00000040 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff880`045a5556 USBPORT.SYS USBPORT.SYS+11556 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+7cd40

- - - Updated - - -

finally, was able to access the minidumps after fiddling with the security tab for some time.
trying the OSR link now.

- - - Updated - - -

but I can understand nothing in the page that opens up after the upload.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
either some it's USB chip malfunction of the motherboard or a pure usb driver related issue.How many and what usb devices you're using ?

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
either some it's USB chip malfunction of the motherboard or a pure usb driver related issue.How many and what usb devices you're using ?

front ports : Mobile charging via USB cables, Pendrives
Back ports : Mouse(Zebronics Flux)(all time) , sometimes pendrives (very rarely, only i use the back ports when i'm home for 2 months in a year.)

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
The Problem Still persists.
now, i have seen these Three showing up very frequently.
in the decresing order of occurrence.

maybe more, but these i saw

I googled, saw many threads, but that didn't solve my problem.

I ran memtest86. (from USB)
no error.
it was still running, after pass 1 , should I let it work further passes ?

This means its a memory issue. Try increasing Page file size by right clicking My Computer > Properties > Advanced Computer Settings.

Also check the disk usage of the boot partition as plenty of it should be free (+2GB for hibernation)

This might be issue of a startup service. Reboot in safe mode, Win+R, type msconfig and hit enter.
Go to services tab, check Hide Microsoft Services, look for suspicious or unwanted services and uncheck them if already checked... Click OK and reboot normally.

It means a faulty driver is creating issues. Power off pc, remove all the extra removable hardware, Go in Safe Mode, remove the drivers installed by you. and download the latest ones and install....

Make sure, while uninstalling, u select remove driver files from the system, else it will automatically lookup when you reboot.

Let me know what happens after this.

OP
M

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
This means its a memory issue. Try increasing Page file size by right clicking My Computer > Properties > Advanced Computer Settings.

Also check the disk usage of the boot partition as plenty of it should be free (+2GB for hibernation)

This might be issue of a startup service. Reboot in safe mode, Win+R, type msconfig and hit enter.
Go to services tab, check Hide Microsoft Services, look for suspicious or unwanted services and uncheck them if already checked... Click OK and reboot normally.

It means a faulty driver is creating issues. Power off pc, remove all the extra removable hardware, Go in Safe Mode, remove the drivers installed by you. and download the latest ones and install....

Make sure, while uninstalling, u select remove driver files from the system, else it will automatically lookup when you reboot.

Let me know what happens after this.

did a check disk on the system drive. since some threads on other forums mentioned that.

for the page file :
it was previously, "Automatically manage page file... "
and memory was 3996 MB and recommended was 5994 MB.

I changed it to custom and min = 5994 MB
max = 10240 MB

hope its good.
for the available free disk space on system partition,
its about 83 GB free of 117 GB.
so, i think its good too.
now.

am now doing the 2nd option in your list.
though i'm not sure i'll be able to do the 3rd one. (am too lazy.)

Should I create a dual boot with ubuntu?
since it might not cause that much errors?
and we can have a backup system to operate in case of a problem since i won't be with this PC for another 6 months after 8th july. (going back to hostel)

Top Bottom