Remove startup screen

mohityadavx

Youngling
Hi!

I am having a HCl laptop which was given to me by my college forcefully. Now whenever i switch ob the laptop a screen showing college name its logo and Hcl logo comes even before bios screen. Is there any way to remove this screen it really frustrates me. I am currently using windows xp!!:twisted:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am guessing, you didnt had a good time in your college :p
Sorry, not helping here, but I too think BIOS is the only way to turn it off.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
I am guessing, you didnt had a good time in your college :p
Sorry, not helping here, but I too think BIOS is the only way to turn it off.

its not that i had not good time in college its just that the logo reminds me how the laptop was literally dumped on me by college and second despite the fact i paid for it the college's makes people think it was given for free which annoys me even more.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Well, look at the bright side, Now you have a laptop :)

Let me share a little story of mine.
I studied at NIIT, a 3 year diploma course. 5 yrs back, the fees for the program was about 90K. But today, its about 150K, but includes a laptop, which every students acquires when he enrolls for it.
Had the scheme been at my time, then I could now have been an owner of a laptop, which I could have got, since it was "Part of the Course".

BTW, so have you been successful in removing the startup screen?

Last edited:
OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
^^ Well, look at the bright side, Now you have a laptop :)

Let me share a little story of mine.
I studied at NIIT, a 3 year diploma course. 5 yrs back, the fees for the program was about 90K. But today, its about 150K, but includes a laptop, which every students acquires when he enrolls for it.
Had the scheme been at my time, then I could now have been an owner of a laptop, which I could have got, since it was "Part of the Course".

BTW, so have you been successful in removing the startup screen?

ya succeed in removing the startup screen

and i am sad due to this laptop as my dad had allowed me to buy a laptop till Rs75000 and my college forced me this 30000 dirt on me.

Also my 750000 budget means approx 1 lakh as my cousin work in DELL and i would have gotten 40% discount on dell.

Now since i was getting this lappy my dad refused to buy another as he thought it as a wastage of money.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You can try selling it, stating dad the reason, that it didn't meet your requirements :)
And then buying the one which you want.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
man actually i told my dad that this idiotic laptop doesn't have the hardware i need for my engineering. My Dad met my college professor and he told that its more than enough : "Isse Dev C++ compiler hi to chalana hai ye laptop bhi mehenga hai uske liye to"

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh dude... I am feeling so sad for you!!
Thats why, its said, that Ignorance is bliss, atleast for dads!! :)
I am guessing you will have to bear this laptop for quite some time ;)

man actually i told my dad that this idiotic laptop doesn't have the hardware i need for my engineering. My Dad met my college professor and he told that its more than enough : "Isse Dev C++ compiler hi to chalana hai ye laptop bhi mehenga hai uske liye to"

dude ! i really feel sorry for you.

i you succeed in getting your laptop, do tell us how you managed it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ The only way to get that laptop now, would be to use it atleast for a month, and then try to butter the dad, by explaining him how he wants to use advanced "softwares" :)C_lolwink:) and how only an advanced laptop can manage that.

I only hope his dad, is not a member of this forum :shock:

Top Bottom