Reliance Communication to launch DTH services from Aug 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashank_re

In the zone
^^Are you kidding???? Want to buy Dish TV??
Think billion times. Read some reviews(even 2 will do) on the net and decide...whether its worth paying money for going to hell..! :rolleyes:

narangz

Web developer
i think price is same as dish or tata. crappy website on both IE n FF

i v click 100 times to view wat is there in one plan!!

well i m going to buy dish tv.
i v heard that both dish and tata go off air at the slightest sign of bad weather.

my friend also told me that these DTH services dont work even when it is drizzling !! is it true???

You get more channels than Tata Sky & Dish TV on Big TV. Also the picture & sound quality is better in case of Big TV. :)

DTH services are affected in bad weather. Big TV is better than others in this department too as it has bigger dish which helps in better signals while it's raining. However, most probably, it won't work in heavy rains & snowfall. I've heard Tata Sky & Dish TV stop working even when it's drizzling.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
BIG TV Set-Top-Box Rear Panel

*www.bigtv.co.in/bigtv/html/images/setbox1_new.gif

1. Antenna In: Input from Terrestrial Antenna. Connect to Cable
Network of Active Antenna.
2. Loop out & RF out:Terrestrial signal loop out & RF re-modulation
out to TV set. Connect to RF Terminal of TV set.
3. Component: Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Output Connect to
component Video terminal of TV set

4. LNB Input: Digital satellite signal input from Dish Antenna (LNB)
to Tuner.
5. Video: Composite video output to TV. Connect to composite video
terminal of TV set.
6. Audio L & R: Left & Right Audio output. Connect to Audio terminal
of TV set or Hi-Fi Audio system.
7. USB: Port for USB device.
8. Loop out: Loop through output from digital Tuner.
9. DC Jack: DC 12V input from Adopter. Connect Adopter plug.

High Definition video thru Component?
satellite broadband thru USB?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ from wat i've read on other forums that usb port is for connecting pen drives (or other storage media) for dvr purposes though it aint supported as of now.

cudnt wait anymore got a DishTv connection 2 day.

moshel

Padawan
i read in the newspaper that Reliance ADAG is going to launch IPTV...any one got a low down on that?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am not going to hurry. As of now, the packages look very very confusing. No clear detail. I would rather wait till the dust settles.

As of now, TATA Sky looks to be a good option for people in a hurry.

narangz

Web developer
^^ Yeah, wait & watch for some more days to read reviews of Big TV or wait for Airtel & then read it's reviews.

Tata Sky is too costly for the channels it provides. I can bet Big TV has better quality although customers who tried it before launch during test period had STB hanging problems. I hope it is solved now or it will be solved in near future through software update.

shashank_re

In the zone
Go with TataSky dude.
It may be slightly expensive as compared to Dish TV but you should understand that peace of mind is more worth than those few bucks :)

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Bad news for me again. Most of the satellites are in the south-west sky for Delhi. And my home is in the shadow area for south-west :(
Can't use terrace too.

iinfi

mekalodu
i scrutinized big tv plans for the first time over the weekend and find that only the initial offer is good and later it gets to arnd Rs. 450 pm if we want all the channels.

In any of the DTH services can we watch 2 channels at the same time? e.g. ESPN and STAR @ the same time??

iinfi

mekalodu
does anyone know what is display 16:9 and 4:3 mean.

i v LCD TV and pictures in sports channels esp. football matches appear blurry. images are not sharp. i v select tv display as 16:9 in my Big TV Set top box. but still no effect!!
signal strength is 95%.
i v series 5 samsung LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom