Reliance Communication to launch DTH services from Aug 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

unni

In the zone
Cable and DTH viewers are set to get a wider choice, with Anil Ambani Group firm Reliance Communications expected to start nationwide commercial operations of its DTH service from August 15. ‘Big Digital TV DTH’, a subsidiary of RCOM, is betting big on the huge potential of home entertainment in the Indian households. It is estimated that India has over 124 million TV households, with roughly 80 million using the conventional cable delivery platform.

The company has already completed trial runs across 2,400 towns and the service is currently available for customers of other Reliance ADAG group companies for Rs 1,000.
Source: *www.thehindubusinessline.com/blnus/15081620.htm

I also read in a Malayalam newspaper that DishTV has lowered tariffs. Let the competition tighten.:D

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Yep, i was really frustated with my cable wala and decided to get DishTv.

Though of reading some reviews of Dishtv and came across *broadbandforum.in/ and read that Reliance, Airtel, Videocon are all coming up with DTH in next 1-2 months.....so i decided to wait ;)

din

Tribal Boy
Any chance of internet via these kinda services ? Or thats not feasible technically ? Just curious ...

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
Any chance of internet via these kinda services ? Or thats not feasible technically ? Just curious ...
Once DishTV moves from their current satellite to the new one, they may provide internet. I remember reading about it in July. Here are 2 links: *www.business-standard.com/india/storypage.php?autono=323131
*www.financialexpress.com/news/Dish-TV-to-launch-its-own-satellite/333239/

roshan1236a

The rated R superstar.
Even in DTH services the bil is too high.
I have no ESPN& STAR SPORTS when the matches are goin on.
but when there is no matchs we will get espn

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Reliance is said to launch this service with mpeg4 format na? Am i right?

If they give more channels and better quality for bigger screen... I think i would move to reliance...

iinfi

mekalodu
Even in DTH services the bil is too high.
I have no ESPN& STAR SPORTS when the matches are goin on.
but when there is no matchs we will get espn

wat r u talking?? is it so?? then i m not going to these DTH providers. only during this Euro there was some problem with TATA Sky. otherwise i v not heard of such a problem.

i really dont know how they are going to provide internet through satellite. To the best of my knowledge satellites have limited bandwidth and unlike fiber optic cables satellite is costlier.
when you watch TV information is broadcast and same information is sent to millions of viewers.
incase of internet each user will view different stuff and bandwidth required is several times higher.
am i wrong??

added:
call to big tv helpline still has the same answer "when we launch we will let you know thru relevant media channels. quack quack quack "

Last edited:

shashank_re

In the zone
^^Nothing like that.They will use MPEG4 to transmit more channels per transponder and not for better quality.
From the Big TV reviews that i have read,many couldnt find any difference b/n TataSky and BigTV picture quality.

myhotdog

Journeyman
it confirms they launching on 15th august
*img227.imageshack.us/img227/9062/bigtvow4.jpg

take a look at big tv ad
*www.stillking.com/site/web/en/dire...85fb575f56a&item=77&directorsType=2&play=233&

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I read a news in broadband.in in which they said that bigtv will include hd channels also... And also the quality will be much more better than existing players....

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Don't worry, it will be the cheapest in terms of charges as well as service and would force others as well to provide services at throw-away prices.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^Don't worry, it will be the cheapest in terms of charges as well as service and would force others as well to provide services at throw-away prices.
Reliance plans do, what it did you mobile phone. take a mobile in Rs500/-

now, next get a DTH connection and get LCD free:D

Penetration pricing at its nest;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom