Regarding CPU Cooler and Thermal Grease

newak

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

It's about Thermal Grease for my CPU. I got the computer a 3 years ago and it is running with no issues. But for a few months it is hanging frequently. So I have applied thermal grease purchased in the local market. It worked well at start and I had no issues for 10 days. Later, it started troubling and the speed is lower again.

The CPU FAN is working fine and no other issues found. I am sure it is the Thermal Grease issue. Could anyone suggest me a good one with a price range of Rs.100(In Hyderabad Region)? I just have 2 computers, so a smaller tube is enough for me.

Thank you!

Last edited:

sumalatha

Banned
Hello,

It's about Thermal Grease for my CPU. I got the computer a 3 years ago and it is running with no issues. But for a few months it is hanging frequently. So I have applied thermal grease purchased in the local market. It worked well at start and I had no issues for 10 days. Later, it started troubling and the speed is lower again.

The CPU FAN is working fine and no other issues found. I am sure it is the Thermal Grease issue. Could anyone suggest me a good one with a price range of Rs.100? I just have 2 computers, so a smaller tube is enough for me.

Thank you!

You can get Thermag-v1 from svgtech.net for Rs.150 and its link is: **svgtech.net/product/thermag-v1/

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - get DeepCool Z9.. should cost you less than 600 bucks but worth the cost.

OP
N

newak

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for your response!

SVGTechdidn't have an integrated payment gateway. I don't think ordering the product and get it delivered will be a quick process. May I know if there are any other ways to get it soon?

BTW, Is SVGTech's product a quality one?

Also, I heard about TF400 on other threads. Is that available to purchase online?

Would be there any issues if I use the remaining grease in the tube after a few months? Is there anything that makes it useless after a while if we don't use?

Thanks!

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you can store the paste carefully then it should be usable even after 2 years.

At your price, no good TTIM is available, Go to a local pc shop and get Intel's stock TIM from him. He'll give you that for 70 bucks.

Top Bottom