Redmi 1S or Zenfone 5?

mrinmoy

Playing The Game
What do you think?
Asus is a reputed brand in India, so we can expect that service will be good. Zenfone has advantages in the form of 2gb RAM, Better camera, bigger screen.
And Redmi has advantages like lower price, better processor.
Give your opinion guys.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Screen size (4.7" vs 5") doesn't matter when they have same resolution. Extra RAM won't be of any real world advantage (my E970 doesn't even uses 1 GB ram out of the 2 GB completely).
camera is almost the same. If I had a 10k budget, I'd get a Redmi 1s and buy Cowon EM1 and Sandisk Ultra 32 GB microSD card.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
As per china mobilemag.com review the reception are weak

Reception, Voice & Audio Quality

Well, now unfortunately we have reached a category where we have to give the Xiaomi Redmi 1S a grade F. You ask why? Well, a smart phone is still a phone, and thus it should support doing phone calls as one of the most basic tasks. And exactly here is where the Xiaomi Redmi 1S is struggling. During our test the 2G and 3G reception was good, but always broke off again and again, just to reconnect some time later. This is not only extremely annoying, it also is eating up the battery real quick. Now we do not know if this is some sort of software glitch or hardware related. Lets just hope it is software related and will be fixed soon. Either way, this is not acceptable and makes the Redmi 1S kinda unusable.

Hoping its just software glitch & have been resolved till now. Its better to wait for proper Redmi 1s reviews & then go ahead. Infact I'm going to get RedMi 1s but wait for some Indian user reviews.

Check Full Review
Review: Xiaomi Redmi 1S | CMM International

OP
mrinmoy

mrinmoy

Playing The Game
As per china mobilemag.com review the reception are weak

Reception, Voice & Audio Quality

Hoping its just software glitch & have been resolved till now. Its better to wait for proper Redmi 1s reviews & then go ahead. Infact I'm going to get RedMi 1s but wait for some Indian user reviews.

Check Full Review
Review: Xiaomi Redmi 1S | CMM International

That is one serious problem. Lets see what are reviews after first few batches shipped.

abracadabra

Journeyman
Xiaomi has insane waiting time! Stocks run out very soon! Though slated for a release into the Indian market in August, no specific dates yet! If your happy to wait Xiaomi as [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] suggested

SunE

Professional Newbie
Well I'd choose the Zenfone 5 becuase of 2 GB RAM, bigger display, better design, ASUS service, and faster CPU. The Intel is faster than the Snapdragon 400. It's better to get the Z5 over the 1S.

Mi3 on the other hand is a completely different story ;)

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Umm.. Let's see.
1.The Intel chipset is probably equally powerful as the Snapdragon 400.

2.Snapdragon 305 = SGX 544 MP (single core) from personal experience. My mother has a XOLO and dad a Moto G and I played Asphalt 8 on both of them and had a similar experience. However, the Zenfone has a SGX 544 MP2 GPU (dual core) which should give you better graphic performance.

3. 2 GB RAM is always a big plus.

4. UI is subjective. I like MIUI but launchers are available.

5.The Asus has a really simple understated design which I like.

6. Asus has a marginally bigger battery and can be updated to Kit Kat.

7.Asus wins hands down in brand awareness and ASS.

My vote to the Zenfone 5.

Last edited:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
And Redmi has advantages like lower price, better processor.
Give your opinion guys.

Xiaomi 1s has an inferior processor than zenfone 5 ...

1s doesn't even stand a chance against zenfone 5 if you don't take price into equation..

Top Bottom