redFIVElabs brings .NET to Symbian Mobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yes .. its finally happening.. redFIVElabs have created .NET framework for S60 Mobile Phone ..This means that .NET apps(compact framework) for windows mobile can run without recompilation or changing the code ;).

The .NET framework is still in version 1.0 , but its a big step forward.

So finally I can build applications for the S60 phones without learning Java.

Red Five Labs brings you Net60

Net60, a .NET Compact Framework for Symbian, provides true cross platform portability for .NET applications running on Windows Mobile devices to devices powered by the Symbian OS. Benefits which the .NET platform for Symbian offers developers includes being able to:
Leverage your .NET investment

Together with code base and skill set re-use, developing mobile applications in a managed runtime environment has never been easier (and more productive!).
Write great mobile applications, fast!

The powerful class libraries which ship with the framework further enable one to focus on solving problems at high levels of abstraction (or application domain) whilst avoiding the typical, low level quagmire of Symbian's internal plumbing and C++ idioms.
Target a stable platform

The .NET Compact Framework is covered by an ISO / ECMA standard, and changes infrequently compared to the Symbian OS and S60 user interface release cycles. Therefore, developing against the Compact Framework ensures less frequent rewrites or modifications to your code base.

Sad their current version doen't work on my nokia 3230. I just hate Nokia and their cr@ppy phones now. My next buy is a Sony Erricson, probably a W810 and then a Windows Mobile :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom