Rectifying Virus Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
I have got Windows XP Home SP2 Edition.We usually expect a Technician when our Sytem is infected with Virus severly. May I know what kinds of things that I should kept with me and how to rectify the problem step by step by myself.

Charley

Just Do It
Dude u dont have to call up a technician anymore.

For your info u have to download Antivirus softwares such as AVG, Antivir, Avast .. Keep any one of them running in the back ground [recommended Avast], others install and run them frequently.

Then u'll have to install Anti trojan or Spyware cleaners such as A2, Spyware blaster, spyware guard, "Spybot & Adware"[needed very much].

After u have all this installed in the sys set it for automatice update so u cud scan for the latest threats.

Hope that helps ........

expertno.1

Technomancer
@ kumran
ur system is always infected with virus ?
as u mentioned that u have to always call a techinician

it means u dont care for the antiviruses

i especially recommend Avast Pro..low on system resources and will protexct you from any kind of live infection to your system

its gr8 i am using it from last 6 months and many times it had detected sites caontaining viruses using its http scan
go for it

anandk

Distinguished Member
download avast from *www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html
or
download avg from *free.grisoft.com/doc/1
happy virus hunting ! :)

may i also suggest u download, install, update and use microsoft anti-spyware ?
click *www.download.com/Microsoft-Windows-AntiSpyware/3000-8022_4-10353597.html?tag=free

GameAddict

In the zone
Apart from the above given suggestions, when the technician comes next time (since, I think that you won't be terminating his services immedietely), ask him to provide a permanent cure for the Virus Trouble. Also if there is some sort of OS corruption, ask him to show you how to take image of the working OS, and restore it when the OS gets corrupted.

You can have licensed version of Norton, Quick Heal etc. ( since you are paying money for it, the company reps. will do the tech. work for you) and get peace of mind. :)

Getting free AVs will save money, but then you won't have customer support and will have to do almost everything by yourself.

Arguments are for both sides, decide what is your priority (Budget or Ease).

GA

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Rectifying the virus

Kindly refer to my question clearly. My question is about how to rectify the virus infected system.

GameAddict

In the zone
Re: Rectifying the virus

kumarn_2004 said:
Kindly refer to my question clearly. My question is about how to rectify the virus infected system.

If you are concerned with rectifying the present situation, kindly post what kind of Virus is detected. The details given are very general, so the suggestions are to going to be suggestive and general.

Otherwise, what all have said is good for any virus trouble. :)

GA

Charley

Just Do It
Also download the hijack this and run them often.

Guys please dont post the AV websites and start another thread on comparison.We already have numerous threads relating to it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.