recording TVprograms/video from handcam from a tvtuner card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huzefa

Journeyman
While recording programs from TV using a pinnacle PCTV 100e USB interface system , the size of the mpg files are massive nearly 64 Mb for every minute .... Is there a way to reduce the size of the file , and how ? Also while recording input from a handycam video camera the size of a 100 mins video is nearly 11Gb ! Just how do VCD's contain video's 80 mins long with just 650 Mb in size ? How can I reduce the size of these video mpg files so that I can fit on a single CD ? Thnkx

H.Lalnunmawia

Broken In
I'am a novice too, but I have done this with mpeg4 direct maker which compressed the files to Divx format, making it incredibly small. I think you could compressed the files with virtualdub too or any other softwares for that matter.

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
but can this mpeg4 standard be able to play in a standard VCD player , ie the one we connect to a TV not the Computer CD drive ?

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Huzefa said:
but can this mpeg4 standard be able to play in a standard VCD player , ie the one we connect to a TV not the Computer CD drive ?

No it will not play....

Not in a VCD Player....

But some high-end DVD Player support DivX and Xvid format.

I think u dont hVE THAT TYPE OF PLAYER.

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
So how would u go about using recording a playable VCD ? ie the input will be from a handycam and recorded onto a VCD or DVD which must play in a standard VCD-DVD player connected to the TV

paraman

Journeyman
Choose capture settings from the right click menu of Pinnacle. You can set the format, compression, bit rate etc that you want to use for capture. There are options from VCD to DVD at various bit rates. Try various trial captures to decide which one gives you a good balance of quality and file size. Then use that one to capture video from handycam.

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
paraman , already done that , Problem is for a good viewable quality for each hour of my handycam recording I get a massive file size which needs at least 3 CD's ( VCD ). How Do ready made VCD's contain 2 to 2 n a half Hrs of video , that also good quality and why cant we do that ?

pfish

Right off the assembly line
try power vcr II.

there is a default profile - VCD PAL. select it and youre good to go. the only problem is that is trialware!

paraman

Journeyman
Huzefa said:
paraman , already done that , Problem is for a good viewable quality for each hour of my handycam recording I get a massive file size which needs at least 3 CD's ( VCD ). How Do ready made VCD's contain 2 to 2 n a half Hrs of video , that also good quality and why cant we do that ?

If you want a VCD playable on a standalone vcd player, then why don't you capture in the VCD format itself? Then the file size wont be too high. The VCD's that contain 2hrs of video are actually dvd rips. DVD's are inherently of good quality because of higher bitrate and bigger picture size while encoding. And if you look carefully even the compressed rips show 'blocks'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom