Received a possibly fake corsair memory from ebay

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Sorry for the late reply-i tried to contact that s.o.b. seller but he didn't return my calls-i think he is deliberately not accepting calls from unknown numbers.It seems he has duped a couple of other buyers on ebay as well,judging by some of the recent negative feedbacks he's received.I dont know why ebay is taking the side of an unscrupulous seller who has a track record of cheating his customers-do they have no sense of professionalism at all?

Now i have sent the edited POD copy with all the details they asked for to ebay-i also called them yesterday and asked them to reopen my case-they've said that they will call me back within 72 hrs(which i am almost certain they won't)-so i am probably going to have to call them again and again until they finally tell me their decision-and i am really curious as to what excuse they will cook up next if they don't want to refund my money.

And dtdc has sent me a proof of delivery in the form of the photo of the delivery sheet with the sign of the person who collected the item-its the same as the one i got from my local dtdc office earlier.I have forwarded that to ebay once more with the updated POD.

And despite sending scores of emails to flipkart they haven't responded favourably to any of them,even though ebay is supposed to be under their control now-lets hope they are not gonna end up becoming the spitting image of ebay in the coming days as far as their service and trustworthiness is concerned.
Name of his store? And is he on other websites?

Also avoid paytm.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
his shop's name is OM solutions store,he is from rudrapur in uttarakhand.

And the name of his store on ebay was online.easy-not sure whether he's transacting on other websites or not.

And the person who runs this store is a dolt who goes by the name Shail kumari-i think he's the one who spoke to me on the phone when i called him earlier.

Btw on sunday Ebay sent me an email stating that they have accepted my request to reopen the claim-they further mentioned that they will be contacting me within 48 hrs to "discuss and resolve my claim".But this 48 hrs time frame is almost over,and i still have received no word from their side.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
A bit of good news at long last-today they called me and said that they have approved my refund and it will be credited to my bank a/c by sept 1st.

It seems sending the edited POD did the trick afterall-yesterday they had sent me an email stating that the seller is still denying the receipt of the item and so they needed 24 hrs more to resolve the matter-i had almost given up hope that i will be getting my refund,so to me,this news was completely unexpected-i think the seller had no choice but to tell the truth once he was presented with a proper pod with his name and address duly mentioned in it-his lies didn't hold up any longer.

If only i could get a hold of that slimy b*astard now and give him a sound thrashing,it would have pleased me to no end!! I had to suffer so much only because that scumbag won't confess that he had got the item!

However i suppose there's no reason to get excited just yet-i will hold off on making any more merriment until and unless they actually give me the money,coz with ebay one never knows!

Last but not the least,a BIG thanks to billubakra,Neveranine,patkim and others who constantly supported me with their precious advice and suggestions and gave me the impetus to soldier on-i don't think it would have been possible to accomplish this without their help!

billubakra

Conversation Architect
A bit of good news at long last-today they called me and said that they have approved my refund and it will be credited to my bank a/c by sept 1st.

It seems sending the edited POD did the trick afterall-yesterday they had sent me an email stating that the seller is still denying the receipt of the item and so they needed 24 hrs more to resolve the matter-i had almost given up hope that i will be getting my refund,so to me,this news was completely unexpected-i think the seller had no choice but to tell the truth once he was presented with a proper pod with his name and address duly mentioned in it-his lies didn't hold up any longer.

If only i could get a hold of that slimy b*astard now and give him a sound thrashing,it would have pleased me to no end!! I had to suffer so much only because that scumbag won't confess that he had got the item!

However i suppose there's no reason to get excited just yet-i will hold off on making any more merriment until and unless they actually give me the money,coz with ebay one never knows!

Last but not the least,a BIG thanks to billubakra,Neveranine,patkim and others who constantly supported me with their precious advice and suggestions and gave me the impetus to soldier on-i don't think it would have been possible to accomplish this without their help!
Don't thank me brother. If you get your refund then thank God.
Post that chut*ya's number here.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

DUDE, thats great news, I bet you must be relieved af.
Please take it as a personal responsibility from now on to educate anyone who wants to order items from bullshit websites like this, be it snapdeal, ebay, shopclues etc. No matter how good the deal is, its never worth giving away sanity.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Alas my joy was short lived, ebay has shown its true colours once again..... Today a man claiming to be from ebay called me and said in really broken English that as the seller is denying the receipt of the item, now i will have to contact him via ebay messages and ask him to confirm that he has received the item. They will take any action depending on how he responds to my message, which essentially means if he denies getting the item they won't issue the refund!!! And they have given me 14hrs to contact that bastard.

Never in my life have i been so harassed over such a trivial thing!!

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Alas my joy was short lived, ebay has shown its true colours once again..... Today a man claiming to be from ebay called me and said in really broken English that as the seller is denying the receipt of the item, now i will have to contact him via ebay messages and ask him to confirm that he has received the item. They will take any action depending on how he responds to my message, which essentially means if he denies getting the item they won't issue the refund!!! And they have given me 14hrs to contact that bastard.

@billubakra:that mofo's number is 7017689100.
PM him the number and remove from the post, No matter how much of an asshole that is, i think sharing anyone's number is against forum rules.

Man its crazy how much ebay is trying not to pay you your money back.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

What a shame man. Do one last thing, upload those recordings in GDrive or somewhere and send them to ebay and hope that some good person goes through it. Keep the ceo and chairman of ebay in loop. Their mail id is available online, not able to copy paste as some update is going on.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

gone through all of your posts and you did a great job by sending them updated ( ahem* ) pod. now the pod must have tracking number on it so write / tell to the morons, monkeys and clowns at ebay CS to match the tracking no. of the pod with the tracking details on DTDC's website and if it's delivered then what else you can do. To make your case even stronger you have the photocopy of the signed delivery sheet provided you by DTDC.

the the sob seller may claim dtdc has delivered ( you must know how your enemies can react, right ) the item at wrong place and he ain't got the package. then there's really not much to do - I'm sorry to write like this but this is the biggest loophole of ebay as ebay itself took the cheaters lane and this way ebay can ensure it's profit and protect it's sellers interest - so they both win and customer suffers.

For cases like this the only suitable way is the legal way but our judicial system still is not enough to protect customer interest and please don't rely on call recordings as proving these are actual recordings is not a easy task and companies like ebay, Fk or even amazon don't give a damn about recordings by customer.

Ebay and Fk are still different entity legally and there are tons of laws and clauses between them so how shitty ebay might be you will still have to interact with ebay only.

Now ebay should have provided you with their own pick up service with tracking no. - this way all of these troubles could have been avoided but as ebay did not provided with you any now it's really difficult to make the seller confess in writing that he / she have received the item.

So argue with ebay about these points :
1. ebay should have provided with the pick service with tracking no.
2. You have provided ebay with every possible proofs it has asked for
3. If seller does not acknowledge that he has got the item then it's not your fault.
4. If ebay still refuses then go back to pint no. 1 and have some strong argument with that.

Now, talking about Shopclues, Snapdeal and Paytm - well bought many items from them and got some faulty. The silver lining they really do provide free pickup with courier service along with tracking details ( nuvo express ). Npow while purchasing from paytm and shopclues always make sure the item is either assured by or through some certified seller ( look for special icons ) - this way you can avoid many hassle.

As SD has stopped selling such SD fulfilled items for the time being avoid SD.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
TLDR:None,at this stage one can assume that the money is as good as gone.

On 23rd Aug they called me to inform that they have approved my refund and closed my case(after i sent them the updated POD).They mentioned that i will receive it by September 3rd.Strangely however the following day a man from ebay contacted me again and said that the seller had raised a claim under their "seller's protection scheme" or some nonsense like that and demanded that he be compensated for his "loss" as the item was sent to the "wrong address" and till date he hasn't received it!

I contacted their customer care later that day and talked to their representative,however this time i was told that as my refund was already approved,i dont need to do anything else-i would be getting my money all right.When i asked whether i needed to contact the seller or send them any proof of delivery i was told that it was not needed-the money would be credited to my account shortly as the case had been closed in my favour.Assuming the worst was behind me,i breathed a sigh of relief.

However a couple of days later ie on 27th august they quietly updated the guarantee claim status on my ebay account(without actually informing me)by stating that the seller is claiming that he had not received the item-therefore in order to prove that i had indeed sent the item to the right address,i needed to send them the POD copy(yet once again-after having sent it a few dozen times already!!) as well as a copy of the DRS sheet from the courier company within 72 hours! They claimed that they had tried to contact me on the phone but it was "unavailable" (which is total BS-i had received several phone calls that day ie on 27th aug,but no one from ebay had contacted me),hence they are apprising me of the latest developments through the updated status on my claims page.They added that if i didn't furnish the requested documents within the given time frame,my claim would be closed and the seller would be getting the refund instead of me-which is absolutely preposterous and infuriating to say the least.

The funny thing is i had already sent them the POD copy as well as the DRS sheet from the courier company several times via email earlier when the claim was still being processed-so why on earth were they asking for the same documents again?What would be the point of sending something that is supposed to be with them already?Besides when i had contacted them earlier they had mentioned that i wont have to send anything else as the case was closed and my refund was already approved-why did they say that if they wanted me to send the goddamned documents again?Was it some kind of a sick fu*king joke or what?!

Also normally when they change the claim status i receive an update on it at my registered email address-however this time I didn't receive any updates or notifications from them-besides as they had already informed me that my refund was approved i thought my troubles were over at last and didn't think i would need to keep checking my ebay claims page periodically,as the case was supposed to be closed by now! So i had no way of knowing that i had been asked to send the documents again,as i was happy in the knowledge that i would be getting my refund.

Actually it was all a carefully planned setup to avoid returning my money-and i wonder would there have been any use of sending the documents at all?It seems no matter what i do or say,they are always taking the seller's word over mine!

When it was nearing the end of august i checked my ebay claims page once again(just for the heck of it),only to find that they had reversed their decision and closed my case,approving the refund for that cheating scumbag of a seller instead of me-because according to them "the customer didn't send the required documents-hence case has been closed and refund denied!!" .The absurdity of the situation is that i had already sent them the documents a couple of dozen times before,yet they had the nerve to ask for the same documents again and close the case when i failed to send them for the umpteenth time (simply because i wasn't aware that they had asked me to send it again).

This is tantamount to extreme harassment-they intentionally misled me to avoid giving my money back-it would not be too far fetched to assume that ebay and that fraudster seller were in on this together the whole time!!

As weird and confusing as this sequence of events may seem,they clearly prove how awfully f*cked up and useless their customer service really is. They really deserve to be sued for this-if i had deep pockets and the time to pursue this thing seriously i would have done so by now.

I wish someone would call that seller and give him a good deal of "tongue lashing",if you can catch my drift-that mofo really deserves it!

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
worst but was expected. So on the deal ebay got it's cut, the seller got his and the product and you only got all the harassment.

Ebay was mediocre before but gotten worse by the time it hold the hand of FK. I once bought some cashew packs but seller sent me 2 packs less. Raised claim, seller did not respond and ebay suspended the account without any communication but still they refunded the sum.

Once more got a faulty wifi dongle but ebay told me to go to service center as sellers has listed the products after sales service is handled by service center but as that was a cheap dongle there were no service center. Anyway, ebay CS jerks was not ready to accept the facts sop closed the case. Did not receive refund or replacement. Seller did not replied.

See this is how sellers / Companies tend to cheat customers as not many will go for legal proceeding because of the complexity, the time it takes and mostly for the price of the product is less then the court proceedings. Also the amount of time involved as it's not possible for everyone to spare time from their daily routine life

Anyway, keep the seller's address on record and may be someday your time will also come. As for now concentrate on your work, health and have fun.

Top Bottom