Rebuilding old Gaming pc

akash22

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: will be running multiple virtual systems, source code compilation, playing games like dota, wow, all rts, fps sorts of games.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: will be spending 25k, can extend to 30k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: no.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: win 7, unix.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: will be using my old 1 tb hdd along with recently brought evo 750 ssd 250gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: will be using my old monitor dell s2240l, 1920x1080.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: cabinet cooler master 310, smps 500w, cooler master hyper 212x, monitor(mentioned above), hdd(mentioned above), xfx ati hd5770 1Gb card (will upgrade after 2 months)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within november

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes I have

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata, ya both local and online whereva I get cheapest

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: overall to make it short, I only want to buy cpu, mobo and ram for now, rest I will be using from my old pc. I will upgrade my gpu soon.

This is what I have shortlisted
i5 6500 -15k
Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2 -5k
Kingston fury 8gb ddr4 stick 2133mhz - 3k

Guys advice me on my current choice and suggest if better is available. I dont need a fancy mobo, wont be using sli or crossfire, if possible suggest alt budget mobo with 4dimm slots. Try to kip it as cheap as possible, since I will be saving up for good gpu. Also I will buy another 8gb stick later.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -27K

Intel Core i5 6500 -15000,
Gigabyte B150M-D3H -7000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8GBx2) 2400Mhz -5000.
Total -27,000.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
Your suggested mobo has 2 gpu slots.. I wont be using 2 gpus, so dont wanna shell out extra bucks for 2 more dimm.

This mobo will support memort freq higher than 2133mhz?? Coz in specifications it says upto 2133.

Top Bottom