reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

sanny16

Journeyman
On friday i got my new pc assembled. Then next i tried installing windows 7 via dvd room and i get this error; "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". I went to bios setting and chosed dvd rom as boot option still the error didnt go. Its a fresh pc with no windows.
The motherboard is of gigabyte b75md3h. What could be the possible cause for this problem. How to fix it? Is it possible to boot from USB in this motherboard because i didnt see the option to boot from usb. I am worried nw.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a ke

make sure you DVD drive is recognized by the bios and in bios you can see the DVD drive is listed.

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
Re: reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a ke

+1
make sure you DVD drive is recognized by the bios and in bios you can see the DVD drive is listed.

Also, @sanny16 Make sure, you had saved the BIOS Setting after changing the Boot Priority

OP
sanny16

sanny16

Journeyman

Problem solved!. The dvd writer was not reading. I used my asus portable dvd writer to install os.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

even I've faced the same issue with a old asus DVD RW drive - installed windows 8 ( just a little while ago ) using PD ;-)

Top Bottom