1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Rear and center speakers not working in vista 32 bit

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ayushman9, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ayushman9

ayushman9 New Member

After lot of delibration ,i bought creative audigy value . I installed the drivers from the accompanying cd and choose 5.1 during setup .

Alas when i ran speaker setting in creative control panel ,it was showing 5.1 but when i ran speaker test i played all through only the front speakers

ie For all the speakers test sound was coming through

test Actual output
    Front left - front left
    front right - front right
    center/subwoofer - both front speaker
    rear left - front left
    rear right - front right

When i reverted back to my onboard Sound ,all speakers ran successfully . Then i again changed the device into sound blaster and - right clicked sound - playback devices - configure and sound wizard in vista opened up ,but alas it was showing only 2 config mono/stereo and no sign of 5.1 . When i changed to native motherboard ,it again showed 5.1 in vista wizard.

Please help ,what's the use of spending 1.8k in the card ,if it is not doing it's purpose

2. OP
    OP
    ayushman9

ayushman9 New Member

Hey man ,i was being such a fool ,just downloaded the latest drivers from Creative and whoilla all speakers ran . Man are they fools to not ship drivers with the card itself!!

Any way before closing the thread will this card work in Win 7 or not as i thinking of upgrading

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.