Rear and center speakers not working in vista 32 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
After lot of delibration ,i bought creative audigy value . I installed the drivers from the accompanying cd and choose 5.1 during setup .

Alas when i ran speaker setting in creative control panel ,it was showing 5.1 but when i ran speaker test i played all through only the front speakers

ie For all the speakers test sound was coming through

test Actual output
Front left - front left
front right - front right
center/subwoofer - both front speaker
rear left - front left
rear right - front right

When i reverted back to my onboard Sound ,all speakers ran successfully . Then i again changed the device into sound blaster and - right clicked sound - playback devices - configure and sound wizard in vista opened up ,but alas it was showing only 2 config mono/stereo and no sign of 5.1 . When i changed to native motherboard ,it again showed 5.1 in vista wizard.

Please help ,what's the use of spending 1.8k in the card ,if it is not doing it's purpose

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
Hey man ,i was being such a fool ,just downloaded the latest drivers from Creative and whoilla all speakers ran . Man are they fools to not ship drivers with the card itself!!

Any way before closing the thread will this card work in Win 7 or not as i thinking of upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom