read aloud software

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was a software given by digit few years ago ( at least 3 yrs ago ) which can read aloud any text . But now I forgot which yrs' which month it was given . But I need the same software . Its advantage was it can read any amount ...like u can read aloud a total ebook . it was a demo ,, and named like textaloudmp3
or like that ............ can anyone help about this .

kl_ravi

Journeyman
There was a software called WillowTalk by Willowpond Software. It not only used to read out text but also save a *.wav file for further use. It used to be shareware during those times.

Now it is no longer available :( .

However most of the willopond software which used to be shareware are freeware now. i.e distributing it is not illegal.
*www.willowpond.com/wp_software.shtml

If anybody wants it they can send me a mail indicating their mail ID's I will send it to them

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
In win xp, there is built in function for talking text. Also the speech quality of these software is not good. You better download british english runtime so that you can hear in british english. All are in American accented english. Also Acrobat reader also can read aloud books.

sanju

Journeyman
the default voice of microsoft sam and LH Michael is useless for me
coz I canot understand what they are reading. Can anybody suggest a softwere whose voice match with indian english or something nearabout. I need it for reading ebooks. Plz help........
thanx in advancem

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
sanju said:
the default voice of microsoft sam and LH Michael is useless for me
coz I canot understand what they are reading. Can anybody suggest a softwere whose voice match with indian english or something nearabout. I need it for reading ebooks. Plz help........
thanx in advancem

For clear pronunciation, you may have to go for AT & t Natural voices. These are huge files and cost money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom