Re route Audio output through Mother Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram_s

Broken In
Hi,

I recently purchased a Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card and fixed it on my Asus M2N MX Motherboard, with AMD Athlon X2 2800+ Processor. The graphics are all working great. But the issue that I find now is that, the graphics card seems to have taken up the audio output from the mother board, whose only way to get the output out of it is a HDMI connector. I have an LCD monitor which supports VGA and hence I plugged it into the VGA port of the Graphics Card.

Is there any way in which I can avoid purchasing a HDMI to Component output costing anywhere between 700 to 1000 and route the audio output back to the Motherboard's Integrated Sound Card, which supports a 3.5 mm jack?

Thanks in Advance,

Rajaram

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
open your copmuter sound properties and from there check if speakers are enabled in playback devices......

OP
R

rajaram_s

Broken In
Hi,

I checked the same. It lists the NVIDIA HDMI Output as the only playback device available. Don't know what happened the the old one which used to show as HD Audio. Will uninstalling the NVIDIA Audio drivers help?

Rajaram

However, in the Device Manager, I am able to see the High Definition Audio Device listed. Just that it is not showing up on playback devices.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
Unistall nvidia audio driver if you dont want audio output via hdmi...
Then install the sound driver found on dvd that came with your mobo...

OP
R

rajaram_s

Broken In
Yes. Tried the same. Uninstalled the drivers, disabled those devices, nothing seems to work.

Also, despite having the Realtek drivers installed, it shows a playback device called Digital Audio (S/PDIF) on which it shows as if it is producing output. However, I do not hear any output! :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if possible reinstall the OS .. install mobo chipset drivers > Realtek drivers and then GPU drivers .. while installing gpu drivers choose custom option and only intsall GPU and Physx drivers - this should fix it.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know what nVidia guys need to do....but here's what I do to switch between Audio devices:

*i.imgur.com/gez5a.png

One more thing, you could also give a shot by updating your on-board sound card's driver. Download from here: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M2N-MX

OP
R

rajaram_s

Broken In
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. As suggested by topgear, tried reinstalling Windows 7. Also, downloaded the latest drivers from the link suggested by ico. Don't know which one of it fixed the issue, but at the end of the day, I am able to which device shoudl I playback audio!

Thanks a lot again!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the NVIDIA HDMI Output takes over the Realtek audio device - generally a clean up of all audio drivers using driver sweeper should fix this but it's better to install afresh OS copy and then only install Realtek audio driver.

@ OP - nice to know that you have fixed the issue ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom