Re-Installing XP Home Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
guys,
i want to know IS there any way in which i dont have to LOOSE all DATA on my Hard Disk, when i Re-Install Windows XP Home Edition SP2.

That is i want to format only OS Partition (C: Drive) in my HD & not all of them.

i own HP Pavilion, & i contacted HP Service People, who told me that, if i run a FULL RECOVERY on my XP Home Edition System , all the DATA & PARTITIONS created will be Deleted(formatted).

MY PC Config:

HP Pavilion a1210in, Windows XP Home Edition SP2, 256MB RAM, Intel 915G Chipset, Integrated Intel GMA 900.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
how.
i've already done a Standard Recovery (no formatting takes place, only XP reloads without affecting Program Files folder).

i'm not satisfied with that Standard Recovery, XP is still problamatic.

47shailesh

Security Exp
USe ur OS CD to install OS while instalation process will ask u to choose partion then select the drive that contains ur old OS then process will warn u abt pre existance of OS in that drive .................. u do not bother continue with same drive then it will ask to keep old files or to delete them choose to delete them....... and continue ........here u go remaning data on other drive3s will not lost

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
the problem is that i have only RECOVERY DISKS (2 DVD), which came with PC.
when i put the DVD & restart the HP RECOVERY CONSOLE comes & asks whether to do a Standard Recovery (no formatting or Deletion) OR a FULL RECOVERY (deletion of all partition).

P.S. The OS came Pre loaded with my HP PC.

47shailesh

Security Exp
u have paid for OS and 4 HP services so CALL those HP vendors(idots) to repair ur system... do not talk them on phone all vendors r fool(complete dumb)..... OR else go and borrow XP disk from some of ur friend and follow what i told u earlier

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yes my friend i'll agree with you that the HP vendors are *ools.

Once the vendor sent a guy to create partitions, who then called the HP Call Centre from my phone to help in creating Partitions.

& when i contacted the HP Service they said that they cannot send an System Engineer to do the Full Recovery Of the PC, as it takes nearly FIVE Hours.

i just wanted to know isn't there any way(any software) of avoiding this DELETION of PARTITIONS.

Now I'm thinking of buying a 10-20 GB Hard Disk & use it for OS Only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom