Re. AMD 3000+ or 6600GT (8X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M

Mr.Nobody

Well my monitor is an 15 inch monitor and the max res. is 1024x768 @ 60 Hz. I gues I wont have any problem isent it ???

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
LOl ! For a moment i thought u had a 19" monitor, since u were talking abt hi/max res etc. Get a new 17" monitor dude, you will probably end up hurting your eyes playing on such low refresh rates !

OP
M

Mr.Nobody

Hey Pls. tell me what exacly are refresh rates
I mean what do they do ???

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Mr.Nobody said:
Hey Pls. tell me what exacly are refresh rates
I mean what do they do ???

Hey same here I too want to know what exacly are refresh rates are ???
and what do they do ???

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Refresh rate is the number of times the screen is drawn in a second. If your monitor supports 60Hz then the screen is drawn 60 times a sec. Refresh rates lower than 60Hz or equal can cause strain on the eyes. &0Hz or better is always preferred.

Just do a google guys ;)

OP
M

Mr.Nobody

blade_runner said :-
Refresh rate is the number of times the screen is drawn in a second. If your monitor supports 60Hz then the screen is drawn 60 times a sec. Refresh rates lower than 60Hz or equal can cause strain on the eyes. &0Hz or better is always preferred.
Thanks dude !!
Is there any other way to increase the refresh rate other than buying a new monitor ???
If not then What is the cost of a 17" monitor and which brand is the best ???
Pls. Reply !!!

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Mr.Nobody wrote =>
Thanks dude !!
Is there any other way to increase the refresh rate other than buying a new monitor ???
If not then What is the cost of a 17" monitor and which brand is the best ???
Pls. Reply !!!

Sourabh

Laptoping
now can someone temme whether this rachitboom2 and Mr.Nobody same

I have been having this doubt for quite some time now

i guess the user forgot to remove the common link from the sig ..lolzz

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
There's no simple way to increase the max refresh rate supported by your monitor. There are tweaks to overclock the refresh rate but are not really advisable because they carry a real risk of damaging the monitor.

17" general-purpose monitors by Samsung, LG, Philips etc. are around 5.5 to 6k for non-flat tubes and 7.5 to 8k for flat. High-end models cost much more.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Sourabh said =>
now can someone temme whether this rachitboom2 and Mr.Nobody same

I have been having this doubt for quite some time now

i guess the user forgot to remove the common link from the sig ..lolzz
Hey I had posted the same as Mr.nobody as he/she must be having the same monitor as I am having and hence I to have the same problem with the monitor (low Refresh Rates).

Oh yes and about the sig. , yes I agree that I copied the "*www.danasoft.com/sig/amitcool2001.jpg " link from Mr.nobody's Sig. as I thought I was be cool so why not share it !!!
after all it is just an image !!!!

Do you mind ???

oh yes and thanks pimpom for your advice !!!

OP
M

Mr.Nobody

Well thanks everyone,
and Sourabh, rachitboom2 is correct I to have the problem of low refresh rates and I dont mind if someone copies one line from my Signaure !!!

Hey you to should check that Pic. !!!!

Still thanks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom