Re. AMD 3000+ or 6600GT (8X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr.Nobody

Well first of all THANKS for all the replies I got in my previous post.
So I have finally decided to upgrade my G-card.

But then it lead me to 3 more Questions :arrow:
1. Is 6600 GT(8X) avaliable in 256 MB ?
2. If not then is 6600 (Plain, 8X) 256 MB faster than 6600 GT (8X) 128 MB or not ?
3. If no 6600 GT (8X) 256 MB is avaliable then will buying a 6600 GT (8X) 128 MB be future-proof ?

Pls. reply soon as I have to buy one between 20th to 24th of this month.

Atlast, Thanks again !!!
:arrow:

raj14

In Deniel
Gonna get warned! No GeForce 6600GT only has 128MB version, No OTHER Versions are availble, yes it's Quite Future Proof Especially when coupled with a SLI board.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
@raj: what are u trying to say: That 6600Gt dont come with 128Mb ram ??
Infact most do.
1.Try contacting the vendors/distys abt the availability of the 256Mb 6600Gts
2. The onboard memory doesnt make a difference to the performance. The 6600GT has gddr3 memory while the 6600 is coupled with ddr1 memory, so no points for guessing that the 6600GT 128mb version will still be faster.
3. Nothing is future-proof in the world of gaming,but the 6600GT shud suffice you for another 2 years if you tend 2 play @ moderate resolutions.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
6600GT 256 MB is not that easy to get. Just do a search on New egg and there is exactly one card with 256 MB memory.

*www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Submit=Go&DEPA=0

And this is in the US so all the best for trying to buy a 256 MB GT here!!!

raj14

In Deniel
No, GeForce 6600GT does come with 128MB DDR3 Memory, but finding GeForce 6600 in india is like Finding Diamond in a Koyal's mine, you have to wait till well, lets say the card will launce before the end of the world;-) GeForce 6600GT is indeed a powerfull card, but you have to use a SLI board to get the maximum out of it.

OP
M

Mr.Nobody

raj14 Said :-
yes it's Quite Future Proof Especially when coupled with a SLI board.
Hey raj14 what are you trying to say yar, I mean I am talking about 8X cards so how can I use it in SLI boards ???

Still Thanks yar !!!

OP
M

Mr.Nobody

blade_runner Said :-
3. Nothing is future-proof in the world of gaming,but the 6600GT shud suffice you for another 2 years if you tend 2 play @ moderate resolutions.
Hey Dude, yar I thought 6600GT is the second best GFX card around after 6800 isent it, so do you mean to say that after 2 Years I could still play latest games at medium Res. ???

Still thanks yar !!!

OP
M

Mr.Nobody

Sourabh Said :-
dude plz make use of the previous thread

wod u start a new thread after 24th when u buy the card ??

Sorry yar if I have made some some inconvenience due to another thread.

But you you rest assure that I will not start another thread about any G-cards.

Well I started it because both the two threads were different !!!
One was to get advice what to buy (I mean CPU + MOBO or G-card) and this one is to get advice about Which G-card to buy !!!

Now have you got my POINT ???

Anyways Sorry Again !!!

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Mr.Nobody said:
Hey Dude, yar I thought 6600GT is the second best GFX card around after 6800 isent it, so do you mean to say that after 2 Years I could still play latest games at medium Res. ???

Still thanks yar !!!

A few months down the line both Nvidia and ATi will unveil new cards! Then there will be games to match that technology. So even if your 6600GT is 2nd best accrdng to you, it will be outdated a bit. :) But yes you will be able 2 game at medium resolutions.

OP
M

Mr.Nobody

A few months down the line both Nvidia and ATi will unveil new cards! Then there will be games to match that technology. So even if your 6600GT is 2nd best accrdng to you, it will be outdated a bit. Smile But yes you will be able 2 game at medium resolutions.

Hey blade_runner can you Pls. tell me the approx. time, I mean 1,2,3... months, when they are going to reveal those cards ???

And also that will the Prices of the current G-cards decrease when the new cards will be released ???

Pls. Reply Soon !!!

OP
M

Mr.Nobody

And aslo, will I be able to play games like :-
UT04, DM3, HL2, FC, PK, Prince of Percia WW, NFS UG2 and medal of honor both allied assault + Breakthrough patch
at full res. and full details with a 6600 GT ???

Pls. Reply SOOOOON !!

Sourabh

Laptoping
well u guys are talking abt playing the games at max resolutions but u also need ur monitors to give u good refresh rates at tht high resolutions

with the common 17" flat/non flat monitors which normally everyone owns the refresh rates supported above 1024x7668 drop drastically

u strain ur eyes too much for a happy gaming experience

so all u want is tht ur card to give playable frame rates @ 1024x768 which 6600GT is more than capable

there may be a slight drop when u play with the AA.AF levels enabled but u can play them very much with all the eye candy turned on

as for newer games which wod release in another year or two u can play them at medium settings without any probs

these gfx cards dun get outdated as we imagine them to be

afterall its just a card ..!! :p

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Mr.Nobody said:
A few months down the line both Nvidia and ATi will unveil new cards! Then there will be games to match that technology. So even if your 6600GT is 2nd best accrdng to you, it will be outdated a bit. Smile But yes you will be able 2 game at medium resolutions.

Hey blade_runner can you Pls. tell me the approx. time, I mean 1,2,3... months, when they are going to reveal those cards ???

And also that will the Prices of the current G-cards decrease when the new cards will be released ???

Pls. Reply Soon !!!

It will be a lot of time'probably after august. Look dont get your spirits too high :p. The cards will be unveiled , that doesnt imply those will ship too. If u wann buy a card, now is a good time as any.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Mr.Nobody said:
And aslo, will I be able to play games like :-
UT04, DM3, HL2, FC, PK, Prince of Percia WW, NFS UG2 and medal of honor both allied assault + Breakthrough patch
at full res. and full details with a 6600 GT ???

Pls. Reply SOOOOON !!

Full res applies.........the max resolutions of your monitor. So if yours is a 17" then 1280*1024 will probably be the highest supported resolution. The 6600GT will play at those resolutions with most of the effects at high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom