RCom's Wimax is in Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
There was a very big upload issue here in Bangalore from past 2 months. Although they have rectified this but still there is connectivity problem every week. anyways its a boon for people who are tired of hearing "No Feasibility".......:)

nix

hi..i stay in bangalore too... i have read a lot of complaints about relican wimax..how is their connectiviity? i want to go in for it too...where in bangalore do you stay? i stay in rajarajeshwari nagar... does the speed depend on distant of their device to their antenna?

iinfi

mekalodu
bumping up post....

have their services improved in any way? anyone frm navi mumbai subscribed to their services?
my tata conn suks big time .. so was looking for a change

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Reliance PPL are thi*v*s
Don't take reliance
BSNL & Airtel are far better

sourav123

Thinking Different
Reliance PPL are thi*v*s
Don't take reliance
BSNL & Airtel are far better

I think you are fortunate enough to live in an area where you have a wired connection facility. But many of us in Bangalore lives in areas where these people are reluctant to extend their connectivity. As a result, most of such people go for WiMAX even knowing that currently WiMAX performance is not any better compared to wired lines.

I am using Reliance WiMAX in Bangalore for the past 8 months. Although there are downtimes, it has improved a lot over the past months with Reliance putting up more towers. In long term WiMAX/3G will be the choice of broadband because of its wide reach and ease of deployment in remote areas.

agm_1052001

Broken In
Navi Mumbai is mainly a Sify domain...and reliance is like a new player here ....after about 3 yrs with sify...i was fed up with sify frequent disconnections and slow speed...got reliance wimax a month back ...dnt want to set high expectations ..bt its doin fairly good in navimumbai area...i had heard abt banglore guys complaining a lot ...but belive me ..its depends upon the area i guess...though installation took a week or more..i am happy with wat i got :)

download and upload speeds are wat they hav promised.Only thing i would really like is running of DC++ which was hit in sify and other local isps...
+ r

iinfi

mekalodu
^^
which area in navi mum are u frm ?? i m frm panvel.
off late my tata conn has gone *^&%^%$^
i dont know whether changing ISP wud work.

agm_1052001

Broken In
I m frm sanpada.....reliance has it till kharghar i guess... check the reliance website

hXXp://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Communications/rcom/broadband/broadband_individuals.html

or their tollfree no. 1-800-227773

iinfi

mekalodu
i v asked them .. their wire-line broadband has not covered my area yet....
i m bit skeptical abt this wireless connection. i used to use their FWP earlier for net access. it was good for the first few months giving me a good speed of upto 80-90 kbps but later went really bad as more n more people started using their service.
though both are different technologies i believe the bandwidth coming to the Base station transmitter (via fibre optic) from where i get the signal wud remain the same irrespective of the technology used to get to the end user.
wat say??

agm_1052001

Broken In
reliance has largest network of fiber optics now...so i think we shudnt be doubting the infrastructure...and with time ..new players wud be in market so we can easily switch then...moreover right now reliance is offering the cheapest installation. 500rs only...
with other isps its almost 1.5 k depending hw u bargain with the agent....and the staters package of 64 kbps speed is around 500 to 600 rs...

check other ISPs an then look at reliance i guess its easy to use..and at present hassle free..

--------

do we hav ppl who hav actually hav used wimax...they can shed more light on hw to get the most out of this technology....

agm_1052001

Broken In
well i guess ur in the INDIA which doesnt has Navi Mumbai on its map :p ...BSNL is nt available in major cities like mumbai and NaviMumbai...its mtnls domain. and mtnl has a monthly unlimited plan conditions apply...

and does BSNL only charges 500 rs for installation..wat happened to router and modem charges and the installation charges for the same and not forgetting the long 3 mnth wait which u r very well knw...i called reliance..in morning..eveing i paid money..next week i m on internet...

now lets not start fanboyism...cuz i really dnt belive in any ISP... :p

sam_1710

Youngling
^^^ Google translated it to
Google said:
We have to say above the DVD ± R disc printing / RW discs produced in their own characteristics, for ordinary users, DVD, the choice of inexpensive DVD-R more appropriate, DVD-R discs can not only save ordinary CD-ROM data Printing, and it compatible with DVD players and home better, it is very suitable for recordable DVD discs, CD-ROM electronic printing photos and other multimedia information needed for a long time for data retention of a friend, DVD + R is a good choice, DVD + R CDs have better stability, and compatibility of DVD recorders also good, the overall quality is better than the burn DVD-R

Wtf.. Now chinese spammers??? :x

iinfi

mekalodu
i v booked a connection today .. wimax. that fellow told he wud get me the connection in 2 days.
i v booked for 150kbps plan Rs. 750/month (unlimited data transfer)... Rs.500 installation charge.

hope this is better than my existing TATA conn which is dead most of the time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom