RCom offers 1GB of 3G data at Rs. 123

Vignesh B

Youngling
Source - Thinkdigit

Reliance Communications (RCom) has announced new affordable 3G data plans. The new 3G data plans, which the company claims to be as low as 2G rates, are available for prepaid and postpaid Reliance customers.

Reliance is offering 3G data for 1GB at Rs. 123, 2GB at Rs. 246 and 4GB at Rs. 492. It's notable Reliance charges Rs. 125 for 1GB of 2G data. New customers coming to the Reliance network through MNP will also be able to avail of 1 GB of 3G data free per month for two months.

RCom says the aggressive and affordable pricing is likely to push adoption of 3G network in the country, “ensuring greater traction from mid- to high-level data users, and resulting in significant data usage and revenue growth across customer segments”.

“This is an inherent part of RCOM’s objective to take high-speed data services to every Smartphone and tablet user in the country, without them worrying about incremental or high costs. By breaking the 3G entry barrier, we plan to bring about a behavioral change and take the benefits of quick data access to everyone and impact not just lives, but lifestyles as well,” says Gurdeep Singh, President and Chief Executive Officer, Wireless, RCom.

“RCOM is taking the initiative to popularize high-speed 3G data usage by offering 3G data access at 2G prices. The Company’s 3G network is supplemented by IP back-haul for a superior data usage experience. Further, the Company’s wealth of fiber-linked towers will help carry the incremental traffic that will come in, offering a superior 3G experience,” says the company in a release.

Reliance's new 3G data plans come shortly after various other telecom operators such as Bharti Airtel, Vodafone and Idea Cellular slashed their 2G data price up to 80-90 percent. Reliance's new affordable 3G plans is likely to trigger a fresh price war in the 3G segment.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
earlier the 1 GB data plan on 2G was sold at Rs. 99 form almost all companies, later they increased the price to Rs 125/-, around the world internet is getting cheaper and better, where as in India it is getting costlier and poorer.

I welcome the move by Reliance, but after sometime all companies will again raise the price stating they have to cover the infrastructure cost. WE Indians have to suffer due to Greedy corporates and politicians....

why don't the mobile companies permanently move to 3G internet and scrap the 2G service for all, and reomve the cap on usage

i wish Google enter the internet business India, all this company will be wipe out in a month..

anyway lets hope for the best

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
MTNL offers 1 GB of 3G data with 1 week validity for Rs. 76.

Works while roaming on BSNL.

Good thing about MTNL is - there are no 2G plans and no 3G plans. It's only "data" - whether you spend it on 2G or 3G, it's your wish.

amjath

Human Spambot
First Reliance Thunder broadband plans now this, Reliance is upto something.
But unfortunately I cannot avail Broadband, looking forward for data card with true unlimited plans

acidCow

Broken In
Even I got an email from airtel. 1GB of 3G data for rs 124.
It said something about being available at all recharge outlets. I mistakenly deleted the mail. Anybody else get it too?

EDIT : Called up airtel. Turns out it is only a one time offer. Anyway atleast we got something! :D

Last edited:

Hrishi

Well that's good news. I wish I had a dual sim phone.
Network of reliance is pathetic here , Won't migrate from Voadfone.

Top Bottom