Razer debut Blade, "World's first true gaming laptop"

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
They should have created a propriety OS.

Multiple OS's would give developers' pain to start everything from scratch. Improving a current platform (may be its windows or whatever ) is better idea rather than to create another one. If every one starts going with developing a proprietory OS, then it would leave customers with confusion and frustration to chose from , just like filling engg or MBA entrance forms (they are so many) :p :D
PS- If a proprietory OS is created, then it would be a hectic task for current games to recode them to support that very OS. Obviously if a proprietory OS is created, then its pretty sure that it'd be focussed at some specific section of games, and that would be kind of biased way.

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
I said that because as a platform the consoles do not run MMORPGs and RTS games. There is an entire genre of games that is completely devoid of in these consoles. But they run every other game well, without worrying about, will the hardware support it etc. The PCs have the advantage of playing these games but they are not optimised to do so.

I am aware of the problems of propriety SW but PC gaming sucks because you are making a system that was not purpose built do something like gaming. Its a lot more fussier than it has to be. I think there should be something at the windows(OS) level
where games run on a seperate gaming version of windows perhaps.
Because when you are gaming, almost everything else running on the PC is bloatware and interferes with the gaming experience.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Well consoles and Pc's are better suited for the games which are easier to play on. I mean you can't even think of playing FPS on consoles, same way racing and FIFA like games have awesome gameplay on consoles. Different games have diff requirements.

they(PC) are not optimised to do so.

Can you explain this, how ?

a system that was not purpose built do something like gaming

But it has developed to a stage where it is developed for gaming purposes, especially, like consoles, like alienware.

I think there should be something at the windows(OS) level
where games run on a seperate gaming version of windows perhaps.

It may happen in future, but OS's are day-today getting multi-role sorts, supporting all works without a hitch, so there's less chances of it.

when you are gaming, almost everything else running on the PC is bloatware and interferes with the gaming experience.

Not really, everything is under your control in a pc, you can get rid of them.

Sarath

iDota
I think I answered a similar question many months ago. Hmm will try again.

A game developer would have to worry less about what your hardware setup is while coding a game on a PC but not when for a console. Today when you talk about the PS3 hardware, you would laugh at it if it were a PC config. I don't even know if any of the current games would run on it in the Windows form.
Basically if I buy a 50k system it becomes obsolete very soon. I soon have to step down the settings in a few years. This is something I dislike. Hardware keeps getting faster at a pace that you cannot upgrade.

In simpler words when I fire up a game the CPU and GPU are not exclusively powering the game. They run the various background apps that have nothing to do with gaming at all. I have a fairly powerful system but PC gaming doesn't have to be that expensive.

On another note, I wasn't even aware of the FPS genre during my console days. I found it very weird that all you can see is a hand holding a gun :-D It was only Quake back then and then Crysis after many years. I think I have played FPS on the console. The controls are bad but still enjoyable. Its the same as playing a racing game on PC.
However I was hoping "Kinect" and "Move" would bring realistic FPS gaming to consoles. A gun attachment and move would have been awesome. But my move is sitting idle and awaiting its death. I think it would have been so much better to play an FPS with a gun accessory.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Sarath, all my friends from around the globe agree that it is overpriced.

A similar alienware costs $1300 in USA, so there.

Razer is a US company through and through. Their build quality is worse than nearly every other gaming peripheral manufacturer.

Your mouse from letsbuy is just a single example.

Their last good product in terms of build quality was the DeathAdder.

You are naive to think that PC gaming cannot be cheap. people using 35k rigs here have proved it time and again :D

Razer, if you want to help revive PC Gaming, Stop trying to be the rotten apple of gaming!!!!!!!

Might as well stuff your head up your arsehole and get insurance money (fraudulently) than sell this piece of $#!t.

------------------------------

Also, the screen is 17". Resolution is 1080p IIRC. How can a stupid GT555M handle metro 2033 on it when even a GTX 580 gets hit in its crotch by that game? Even Crysis 2 maxed will create problems.

If you guys liked the previous post, please leave it an approval rating :)

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@Sarath-

Basically if I buy a 50k system it becomes obsolete very soon. I soon have to step down the settings in a few years. This is something I dislike. Hardware keeps getting faster at a pace that you cannot upgrade.

Well, i will count that a positive to PCs. See, consoles are made for gaming, so you can't directly compare this way them to PCs. Plus becoming obsolete means different to everybody. Like my old P4 pc is doing fine from 5 yrs for my home purpose, and will do fine for next at least 3 yrs. But for a hardcore-die hard gamer, even a 590 SLI will become obsolete after 6 months. So this is something uneven. Otherwise, as ExtremeGamer said, even a 50k system will do fine for enjoyable gaming at fair enough settings.

In simpler words when I fire up a game the CPU and GPU are not exclusively powering the game. They run the various background apps that have nothing to do with gaming at all.

Well, slowly and slowly this is happening. I suppose you know, as compared to XP, in 7, when OS detects a game running, more resources are allocated to it by managing with other resource hoggers. A day will come soon, when all un-necessary processes and bloatwares will automatically close after a game is opened. Just the game will run!

I have a fairly powerful system but PC gaming doesn't have to be that expensive.

Point no 1

On another note, I wasn't even aware of the FPS genre during my console days. I found it very weird that all you can see is a hand holding a gun :-D It was only Quake back then and then Crysis after many years. I think I have played FPS on the console. The controls are bad but still enjoyable. Its the same as playing a racing game on PC.
However I was hoping "Kinect" and "Move" would bring realistic FPS gaming to consoles. A gun attachment and move would have been awesome. But my move is sitting idle and awaiting its death. I think it would have been so much better to play an FPS with a gun accessory.

PCs and consoles are better suited to different genres of games, you cant get best of all in one.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Wrong. PCs are suited for everything that comsoles can do (except maybe motion gaming).

All you need is a bunch of peripherals

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^ I didn't say PC's are not suited for any games, of course Pcs are suited for all types of games. I just said about "gameplay experience". And its obvious that racing and simulation games have better gameplay experience on consoles.

Top Bottom