RAW SD Card

wwwescape

Journeyman
I have an SD card which was used formatted as internal storage on an Android 6.0.1 mobile. That mobile is no longer functional and I wanted to use the SD card again on another device. However, before I use the SD card, I need to format it.

The issue is that the brand and size of the SD card is detected by Android, Windows and Linux but I am unable to format it. Whenever I try to format the SD card, the application that is tying to format the SD card just hangs indefinitely. When I try to diagnose the SD card, it says that the file system is RAW.

Is the SD card corrupted? Is there any way to format and use the SD card successfully?

Thanks.

EDIT: The card is a Samsung Evo 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 48 MB/s Memory Card

Last edited:
OP
wwwescape

wwwescape

Journeyman
Brand of the sd card?

Samsung Evo 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 48 MB/s Memory Card

Online Shopping India Mobile, Cameras, Lifestyle & more Online @ Flipkart.co

I have 4 of these cards in different devices and all of them have worked flawlessly for a couple of years now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Try using windows cmd
How to Format Hard Drive Partition with Diskpart Command Line

Type diskpart to open the diskpart command prompt.

Type list volume, press Enter, all the volume will be list.

Type select volume n, press Enter, the volume you want to format will be selected.

Then,type "format fs=ntfs quick label=test" and press Enter.

OP
wwwescape

wwwescape

Journeyman
Try using windows cmd
How to Format Hard Drive Partition with Diskpart Command Line

Unfortunately, I have tried this and it's the same result. The moment I execute the format command, the process hangs.

- - - Updated - - -

Try SD Card Formatter, if it doesnt work, then most likely its kaput

Have tried that too. Same thing happens. It hangs.

I think you're right though, the SD cards is kaput. :(

TheSloth

The Slowest One
3 Ways to Remove Write Protection on an SD Card - wikiHo

try method 1 and 2 with the help of the sd card reader. I faced similar error long time back, when I had to format the new micro-sd card for my mobile, couldn't have formatted without the card reader which came with the micro sd-card(sandisk's micro sd-card + adapter)

OP
wwwescape

wwwescape

Journeyman
3 Ways to Remove Write Protection on an SD Card - wikiHo

try method 1 and 2 with the help of the sd card reader. I faced similar error long time back, when I had to format the new micro-sd card for my mobile, couldn't have formatted without the card reader which came with the micro sd-card(sandisk's micro sd-card + adapter)

No write lock on the SD card and the formatting process still hangs when using card reader. :(

Which phone were you using. Try formatting in same brand phone

Using Lenovo A7000 on Android 6.0.1 didn't work. Says corrupted. :(

I think the SD card is useless now. :(

xman0752

Broken In
Try this Procedure :
1. Download testdisk: TestDisk - Partition Recovery and File Undelet
2. Repair the MBR on the SDCard. Follow these steps: TestDisk Step By Step - CGSecurit

After Steps 1 and 2. put the SD card back in your Phone

OP
wwwescape

wwwescape

Journeyman
Just thought I'd update everyone. I tried everything and never got the SD card to work again normally. The SD card is totally healthy, as in I can do diagnostics of it, etc. But I am unable to format it to use it again.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Top Bottom