rate this rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritwickgupta

Broken In
hi ppl..............
i wud like u all to rate this rig....i m finalising it by the way....ne change suggested????

----------------------------------------------------
mobo-a8n-e
proccy-amd 3800+ x2
ram-1gb crossair
gpx card-7900gt
hdd-250 gb sata 2
cabinet-vip g200
smps-vantec 460 w ....30v on 12 amp
19inch crt viewsonic moniter....flat
mouse- logitech mx 518
spkr-logitech z5300

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
mobo-a8n-e.............................................ok
proccy-amd 3800+ x2................................Try to get a 4400+ or higher..but 3800+ is fine....
.ram-1gb crossair......................................get 512X2.Mention which Corsair Value Select or XMS
gpx card-7900gt.......................................good
hdd-250 gb sata 2....................................good
cabinet-vip g200......................................good
smps-vantec 460 w ....30v on 12 amp..........ok
19inch crt viewsonic moniter....flat...............yo
mouse- logitech mx 518..............................ok
spkr-logitech z530.....................................cool

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
mobo-a8n-e : Decent choice
If you want there id DFI Infinity which I think supports SLi, and may be a better overclocker, but I am not sure. It should be around 7.5kor so.

proccy-amd 3800+ x2
I suggest that you should strongly consider Amd Opteron 165 Dual Core as it is i think a much much better overclocker. See benchmarks over the internet, these 2 cpus may be priced about the same, atleast before price fall. Cosnider the opteron. And don't forget the most important thing is the graphic card, buying a lower cpu won't do much harm in most games but a lower graphic card will. A lower cpu can be overclocked to match a higher one.

ram-1gb crossair
1) corsair Value Select is not supported by this motherboard.
2)1gb ram is not enough, you will ruin all your money and gaming experience by it. Invest in a minimum of 1GB X 2 DDR 400 Transcend modules. These modules must have UCCC chips, if not available then buy Transcend modules with Hynix D43 chips instead.

gpx card-7900gt
NO.NO.NO, for most games get a 1900XT which comes for around 30k. 7900GTX is only a choice if you are willing to forget get better IQ and HDR+AA and want better performance in few games like Serious Sam2 and all whether nvidia is much much much better. 7900GT is not a choice. 1900XT only for most people. PERIOD

hdd-250 gb sata 2
Seagate Sata II NCQ 300GB : 4800, just 600 more than 250 gb

cabinet-vip g200
no idea, select any decent one including venitalation etc.

smps-vantec 460 w ....30v on 12 amp
NO. Get Antec NeoHE 500 around 6500. 1900XT might chew off your vantec 460, probably won't but you won't have a large safety margin for old times and overclocks and most of all mental satisfaction.

19inch crt viewsonic moniter....flat
I advise not to get a 19" CRT. I think a res below 1280*1024 may look bad on a 19" and with a 7900GT or even with a 1900XT there will be a lot of 1024*768 in the near future atleast with 7900GT. Stick to 17", whether a good TFT or a CRT.
Samsung 798MB Plus, though there may be better crt monitors.

mouse- logitech mx 518 : 2800
also consider:
Logitech G5 for about 800 more
Raxor Copperhead, not as nice looking but the world's no. one gaming mouse, around 4-5k or so

spkr-logitech z5300
don't need to spend so much.
1) altec lansing 251 (5.1) : sub 4k
2) altec lansing vs3151
3) altec lansing 5.1, a high model, all these are about 8k or below

I am assuming that you want a good gaming coputer and your main priority is gaming and everything else is secondary.

If possible, please wait a month or so for Core 2 Duo. Though you will need to shell quite a lot more, unless you will upgrade the cpu and all within a yr , either you will need to do serious oc or buy a new one.

I increased your graphic card budget but at the same time tried to reduce other components and increased the ram because that is absolutely necessary.

Third Eye

gooby pls
How about mine rig?

processor-intel pentium 4 3.0ghz(2MB L2 cache) with ht support

mobo-intel original 915gev

gpu-xfx 6600 gt 256 mb

RAM-1gb Kingston ddr2 ram@533mhz.

speaker-creative 5200 5.1

mouse keyboard and monitor are from compaq.how much you give it out of 10.i know it's a decent rig so i cannot expect more.

Pathik

Google Bot
hey wich is the best amd m/b is it a8n e... wats the cost of that...
and is there ny am2 compatible m/b yet

OP
R

ritwickgupta

Broken In
how can u prove that corsair value select is not compatible with a8n-e????? i mean ne link proving this???? n then which ram wud b bst for this rig then????

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Two changes suggested:

17" CRT instead of 19" CRT.

Save the money to buy a Antec SLK 3000B instead of VIP G200. Believe me, it will not regret it. I recently bought it and my heating problems have vanished like thin air.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom