Rashi not being fair to me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
Ok I had bought an Asus P5N32-E SLi(680i SLi)from rashi for Rs14196 about 1 year ago and the motherboard turned faulty so they were offering me an Asus P5E-Deluxe (intel x48+ATi Crossfire)but as I was on SLi I needed an Sli ready mobo so I asked for the P5N-T Deluxe(780i SLi) but was told that I would have to pay the price difference between the current price of P5N32-E SLi and the P5N-T deluxe.So I asked for the less costly P5N-D(750i SLi).
I will have to pay about Rs700 more do u guys think its fair as the 750i vs my old 680i has no support for tri Sli and also missing out on the dual gigabit lan.

Last edited:

ancientrites

In the zone
if you want a sli then go for asus p5n-d.it will give you full x32 bandwidth that goes also for evga 750i ftw (for the win).these two mobos are technically designed for full advantage ofcourse the official nvidia states x16+x8=x24 for 750i mobo thats in xfx,msi and others.
My elder brother owns this mobo and he is on with 2x9800gtx(+) sli.if i remember one of the digitians said asus p5n-d has heating problem but my brother is having a good time so far no trouble.
if you want to go for tri sli then you will have to pay the sacrifice for the big difference as you said.
its upto you and all the best.
if i were in your place i would go for p5n-d because paying 700 is peanut for me instead of paying for tri sli mobos.secondly for tri sli mobo i should have 3 graphic cards and a powerful smps that again constitutes an upgrade.
call up your seller and ask him if evga 750i ftw is available?if he keeps the same price difference then go for it or stick to asus p5n-d mobo.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Thanks for your reply for my brother.Well the main concern is that i do have 3 graphics cards 2 in SLI and one being used as physx card.I could do this setup in 680i but its not possible with 750i.But since your reply is positive i will go with P5N-D SLI.

ancientrites

In the zone
sorry i thought you had only two graphic card and speaking of physx card,i think it is a PCI card. how can you insert it on PCI-E slot.all this card needs a pci slot.i find it strange and i believe your brother is responsible for the damage by inserting into wrong slot.please do correct me if i am wrong.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@ancientrites
He has three gfx card (two used in sli and the third as physx card). He doen't have a physx card but uses the third gfx card as a physx card. Can be done only on a board that supports tri SLI.

@Harvik
750i doesn't support tri SLI, for that you'll have to get 780i or 790i board.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
sorry i thought you had only two graphic card and speaking of physx card,i think it is a PCI card. how can you insert it on PCI-E slot.all this card needs a pci slot.i find it strange and i believe your brother is responsible for the damage by inserting into wrong slot.please do correct me if i am wrong.
Nope. It's a regular graphic card being used as a card to compute physics effects if I'm not mistaken. That will require a PCI-E slot doesn't matter if it's X16 lane. Even a X8 lane would do.

ancientrites

In the zone
ok now i got it quadroplex has three identical graphic cards(earlier i was confused thinking 2 graphic card and one physix card).fair enough the current three cards which can be used on 680i resulting in x16x2=x32+x8(from third card)=x40. but if he is going for 750i x16x2=x32 the third graphic card will have to be sold or he must buy 780i mobo and if he buys 780i would fetch him x16x3=x48 but the dude hasn't stated the 3 graphic cards model number.

@allwyndlima and john_the_ultimate
i dont understand physix effects since now nvidia has its own geforce physix driver that works on all 8800gtx,9800gtx + onwards graphic card which can be installed and uninstalled .what i meant to say physix effect has nothing to do with pcie slots its just a driver for supporting graphic cards for certain physix involved games.
secondly i havent seen any where mentioning the third pcie slot for physix effect on 780i.again i may be wrong.

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Nope i will settle for 750i for now as my next upgrade will be fore core i7 mobo.I'll be using the other GFX card which is now useless on my other 8800GT setup as a physx card and use it for playing bionic commando.

ancientrites

In the zone
once you buy that asus p5n-d 750i let us know your review.
One more thing today my uncle has ordered the same mobo. may be he too got influenced after seeing the performance on my brother system.
currently i am happy with my asus psn32-e sli.

OP
quadroplex780

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame
My mobo still not arrived I called the rashi guy and he told tommorow Final.
By the way guys my three GFX cards are two 8800 GTS 640 SLi+8600Gt Physx the new 180.43 driver improves a lot on the physx performance so I was keen on a 3 PCI-Ex slot mobo but the 780i costs a bomb compared to 680i.
My 3DMark Vantage score with only the the two 8800 GTS SLi is P9300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom