[Rant] SBI is trash.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
SBI foreign travel cards are trash. They don't work anywhere. You can't shop online with SBI forex cards. HDFC International Debit cards are the best imo.

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
SBI foreign travel cards are trash. They don't work anywhere. You can't shop online with SBI forex cards. HDFC International Debit cards are the best imo.

Can it be used for services like virtual credit card?
Tried it?

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Can it be used for services like virtual credit card?
Tried it?

Let me tell you what happens when you use a SBI forex card for an online transaction. You enter details on the website. Money gets deducted. Transaction fails. Money not refunded. Money is with bank. Someone in India will have to personally go to bank to get the money refunded.

$hadow

Geek in making
Let me tell you what happens when you use a SBI forex card for an online transaction. You enter details on the website. Money gets deducted. Transaction fails. Money not refunded. Money is with bank. Someone in India will have to personally go to bank to get the money refunded.

True that. I am having international debit card and had a similar experience and it resulted in my Dad has to go and collect the money personally coz it was stuck.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
True that. I am having international debit card and had a similar experience and it resulted in my Dad has to go and collect the money personally coz it was stuck.

RBI and SBI think India is the centre of world commerce by implementing this Verified by Visa and Master Card Secucode.

$hadow

Geek in making
RBI and SBI think India is the centre of world commerce by implementing this Verified by Visa and Master Card Secucode.

What is the use of powering by VISA when most of the times all you are going to get is authentication failed error.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
moving this thread to chit-chat & on a side note anybody who has some experience with international online transactions/paypal/credit cards knows sbi cards or for that matter almost all psu/govt banks debit cards are good only for use within India/indian rupee.

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME

:O Ooh... I didn't knew that.
Crap...

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
You have other options. Move to another bank.

Why even waste time with this thread.

Just venting out some anger.

- - - Updated - - -

moving this thread to chit-chat & on a side note anybody who has some experience with international online transactions/paypal/credit cards knows sbi cards or for that matter almost all psu/govt banks debit cards are good only for use within India/indian rupee.

Not DEBIT card. I am talking about FOREIGN TRAVEL CARD with DOLLARS in it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
anything with pre-loaded money is kind of debit card.i am assuming this foreign travel card is also linked with some bank account & will only allow transaction as long as there is a balance in that bank account.

tkin

Back to school!!
SBI puts extra layer of security in debit cards by removing VBV/MSSecCode. Now all online purchases must be done using sms otp. An otp which comes in time only once every 10 times. Also SBI has decided that all of India is using wireless mobile internet. Hence if you are ever in a place where you don't have cell reception, or you have lost your phone, or you simple don't have the phone with you, you are not allowed to do online transactions.

[Start Satire Mode]
SBI will put even stringent security protocols from 2016. From 1st Jan 2016 when conducting online transactions you'll be given sms otp. Now you have to call bank and give the otp, your card number, your date of birth, your fathers name, then you'll get one more otp. You'll provide that to the seller who will do one more round of verification from his side. And voila, within half hour only you'll finish the transaction.
[End Satire Mode]

Seriously, if it wasn't for the locker and 1000/- min balance I'd have ling ditched SBI by now. Their online services are a joke, their cards don't work abroad or even in international transactions, their atms are overused and untidy. I have ended up using my SBI account as a pure cash drop facility, sort of like a piggy bank, not like a real bank where people do transactions.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
go for icici zero balance savings account,their debit card is the most consistent indian debit card to work everywhere.axis & hdfc debit cards are good too but even they stopped working on some sites a few months ago(axis debit cards on google pay i think,hdfc virtual cc made using debit card failing on some sites) though now they are working again.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
go for icici zero balance savings account,their debit card is the most consistent indian debit card to work everywhere.axis & hdfc debit cards are good too but even they stopped working on some sites a few months ago(axis debit cards on google pay i think,hdfc virtual cc made using debit card failing on some sites) though now they are working again.

That's kind of difficult when you're in a foreign country.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
get somebody to get the physical card in India & then get the details emailed/sms/whatsapp(for online transaction) & maybe physical card too by courier.

Top Bottom