Right off the assembly line
I am running the Vista Ultimate Edition (30 day Trial). My machine is

CPU : 3.2 Ghz (Dual Core with Hyper Threading Enabled) and 2048K of Cache
Motherboard: Intel D101GGC
RAM: 1 GB (DDR)
Graphics Card: Nvidia 6800 with 256 MB
Onboard Graphics: ATI Radeon (Disabled)
Sound Card : Realtek supporting Intel High Definition Audio
Onboard Network Card: Onboard (disabled)
PCI Wifi card : Dlink Airplus G
Tv Tuner Card : Pinnacle PCTV 110i (drivers not installed yet)
HDD : 1 80 GB (Seagate Barracuda), 1 40 GB (Seagate)
DVD/CD : 1 DVD/CD-RW/CD-R combo (Asus)
DVD/CD : 1 Sony DVD writer (supporting 8.3 GB dvds)
Monitor : 19 inch Wide Screen TFT LCD (Samsung 940 BW)
Mouse: Microsoft Optical (USB)
Keyboard: TVS Gold (Mechanical) (PS2)

Drivers:

Graphics: Installed the latest Nvidia Drivers (working)
Sound: Installed latest drivers from Intel for Vista (working)
WiFi network card: Installed the latest drivers (working)
Monitor : Installed the latest drivers (working)

Other:

I have disabled the onboard SATA controller, since I donot have any SATA drive. I disabled it a few minutes ago.

I have XP installed on a separate hard drive, and its licenced. After I installed Vista, I am suffering from unexplained random freezes. And I cannot pin point the application responsible, even if there is one. It sometimes freezes in IE, in FF, or in some other application, so I can rule out any application specific conflict.

I have disabled all USB mass storage devices, coz I have seen the earlier beta versions going belly up with USB mass storage device.

Is there any work around, or what am I doing wrong.

Some Errors that are being shown on my Event Log (its random)

1. IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 2, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

I donot know if that is the problem. The PCI Slot 2 houses the TVTuner card. The machine freezed just now, while writing this post, I saw the Event Log, there was no Error.

The machine randomly freezes and unfreezes on itself. I think have to take it to a Tantrik Baba for jhar fhook.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
1 way of finding out a solution is to 1 by remove all add-on cards including ur nvidia and then c if there is any change in performance ... if my guess is right the problem is not with vista but there seems to be a hardware conflicting with something

remove all cards .... then c if it wrks properly ... then 1 by 1 put all cards back and then see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom