RAM upgrade, plz help

Subro

Broken In
I am using a HP laptop, with configuration Intel i5-3230M processor,2.40GHz, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD graphics 4000.
I want to upgrade my RAM to 8 GB by adding a 4 GB RAM.

I have shortlisted Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9) & Transcend DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (JM1333KSN-4G).

Which one is the best for my system?

Is there any better option available for me?
I am planning to purchase it on Sunday from Nehru place, New Delhi. So help me guys at the earliest.

Thanks in advance

gameranand

Living to Play
OK you do know that laptop requires special type of RAM right ?? The regular desktop RAM don't fit in.
I would go with Corsair in any case. :)

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ :+1: Corsair

Before buying/Finalising a RAM, be sure to check that latency timings on the Ram already on the Lappy and the one you are going to install are SAME.

OP
Subro

Subro

Broken In
Thanks mastercool8695 for your reply. So to find out more about my present RAM, I checked in CPU-Z, following shows the screenshot (plz click on the attached picture. So do you think Corsair DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (CMSO4GX3M1A1600C11) will be good for my system, as its CAS Latency is 11-11-11-30?

But when I checked on speccy, I found my latency is 11-11-11-28. So will the above mentioned RAM is good?Plz help....

View attachment 11586

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
your current ram is running at 1600 MHz with CL11 timing and the CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9 you are going to buy is a 1333 Mhz running with CL9 ] so they won't run very well together ] instead get Corsair 4GB DDR3 CMSO4GX3M1A1600C11 which should run perfectly fine with your current ram but it's always better to have ram modules of same manufacturer instead of mix matching ram modules of two different manufacturers - you can find the info on manufacturer on the SPD tab.

OP
Subro

Subro

Broken In
Hey Topgear, thank you very much for your reply. As per your information, I checked the SPD tab in CPU-Z & found out that my RAM is of A-Data. So I have taken a screenshot of the page.

So I request you to kindly see the picture & suggest the best RAM for my system.:|

View attachment 11588

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is what you're looking for ;-)
Buy Online Adata 4GB DDR3 1600 204 Pin SO-DIMM Laptop Memory (AD3S1600C4G11-R) in india

Top Bottom