RAM Upgrade...Plsssss Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey buddy still waiting for the CPU-zZ screenshots.............

Before updating Bios clear your mobos CMOS setting by removing the cmos battery for few minutes & then put it again in it's place & see if your Ram is running at 333Mhz speed. If not try the following :

Have you downloded the F8 bios update file. It comes as a exe file. Double click on it & it will ask you for a location to extract files.

Unextract and copy only the file named 845gvmrz.f8 into a good working floppy.

When updating select the 845gvmrz.f8 & you will be good to go.

Here is link for updating bios without using Q-flash ( though Q flash is the safest option )
*www.giga-byte.com/FileList/NewTech/old_motherboard_newtech/tech_a_bios.htm

In here select Update Bios not through Internet & select This file 845gvmrz.f8 to update.

Proceed with caution & do it at your own risk :p

OP
D

dipak15

Broken In
Hey buddy still waiting for the CPU-zZ screenshots.............

Before updating Bios clear your mobos CMOS setting by removing the cmos battery for few minutes & then put it again in it's place & see if your Ram is running at 333Mhz speed. If not try the following :

Have you downloded the F8 bios update file. It comes as a exe file. Double click on it & it will ask you for a location to extract files.

Unextract and copy only the file named 845gvmrz.f8 into a good working floppy.

When updating select the 845gvmrz.f8 & you will be good to go.

Here is link for updating bios without using Q-flash ( though Q flash is the safest option )
*www.giga-byte.com/FileList/NewTech/old_motherboard_newtech/tech_a_bios.htm

In here select Update Bios not through Internet & select This file 845gvmrz.f8 to update.

Proceed with caution & do it at your own risk :p

m v sorry nt to post cpu-z screenshot till yet...actually i was busy in installin windows..updates n s/w ...as i formatted the HDD after buying the new HDD...i'll try to surely post it ...might b 2day frm my home PC...

thnx dude....but i tried in all way....it seems the corrupt bios file is uploaded on gigabyte site.....as i did exactly the same way 1st tried wid Q-Flash....as u mentioned....moreover...i tried to download 2-3 times ...n den again follow d same process....but every time ...d same msg ..."incorrect file size"...even i downlaoded it frm oder locations listing like europe etc...frm the gigbatye site...but again d same error...

after these failed attempts....2ndly ...i downloaded windows flash utility.. @bios frm gigabyte.....and 1st tried to update bios frm internet...but in vain...none of the servers listed...contained a matched update bios file....den tried to update using 2bios frm the file ...which i previously saved......but @bios also give d sumwat d same error.... "@bios cant read the bios file...inappropriate size..."

moreover.... CMOS clear method...which u mentioned in d 1stline ....was already tried at the vendor ..end but dat also dint wrk.....

hell wid gigabyte :mad: .....1st dey uploaded corrupt bios file...
2nd might b they displayed wrong memory speed for my motherboard on their homepage.....coz it seems dat my memory speed wud nt be increased nw :( :( :(...might b dey diplayed wrong infor on website...n my mobo might b supports only 266mhz :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel 845GV chipset supports DDR 333Mhz Ram module so your mobo should support that speed. If it's not then there could be a problem with your mobo PCB version ( companies often releases PCB version Like v1.0 & v1.1 and so on - it's like software upgrade but in the mobos case it's the whole printed circuit board ie the whole mobo ) in which case you will not be do able much about it.

Dude post every CPU-Z tab screen shot. That will determine waht mobo do you have & what ram speed is your mobo using.

OP
D

dipak15

Broken In
Intel 845GV chipset supports DDR 333Mhz Ram module so your mobo should support that speed. If it's not then there could be a problem with your mobo PCB version ( companies often releases PCB version Like v1.0 & v1.1 and so on - it's like software upgrade but in the mobos case it's the whole printed circuit board ie the whole mobo ) in which case you will not be do able much about it.

Dude post every CPU-Z tab screen shot. That will determine waht mobo do you have & what ram speed is your mobo using.

Sorry to post the CPU-Z screenshot late as was busy in installin windows n s/w after HDD format.... Pls see the attachment for the 7 screenshots of CPU-Z in a zip file

Then ...i wanted 2 know...y i m nt getting the 333Mhz speed...if my mobo supports it :( ....moreover...m also nt able to upgrade my BIOS version....as perhaps...the BIOS upgrade file is corrupt loaded on Gigabyte website :(

plss help...7 cpu-z screenshots zip file attached

*www.harepix.com/view.php?img=17067606.jpg

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ya. That archive is corrupted. Make a new archive & upload them again or upload those 7 images on a online image upload website like www.harepix.com & put the links in here.

Sorry to post the CPU-Z screenshot late as was busy in installin windows n s/w after HDD format.... Pls see the attachment for the 7 screenshots of CPU-Z in a zip file

Then ...i wanted 2 know...y i m nt getting the 333Mhz speed...if my mobo supports it :( ....moreover...m also nt able to upgrade my BIOS version....as perhaps...the BIOS upgrade file is corrupt loaded on Gigabyte website :(

plss help...7 cpu-z screenshots zip file attached

I've a little doubt - I think your mobo is based on 845GL chipset which supports max DDR 266Mhz ram. So when you try to flash it with a 845GV bios you get an error message.

Though it will be all cleared after seeing those the cpu-z screenshots

Last edited:
OP
D

dipak15

Broken In
Okay m posting harepix link of 7 images of cpu-z

neway...my mobo is 8I845GVM-RZ only as displayed by cpu-z..wonder y m nt gettin 333Mhz speed??????? :(

CPU-Z snapshots link :-

*www.harepix.com/images/thumb/17067606_thumb.jpg

*www.harepix.com/images/thumb/263154539_thumb.jpg

*www.harepix.com/images/thumb/358342158_thumb.jpg

*www.harepix.com/images/thumb/174482427_thumb.jpg

*www.harepix.com/images/thumb/898990408_thumb.jpg

*www.harepix.com/images/thumb/1317265401_thumb.jpg

*www.harepix.com/images/thumb/282571320_thumb.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
From my analysis from the images I can figure out this :

From the pictures I can see your mobo is based on 845G chipset which suppotrs DDR 266Mhz max.

So I think gigabyte has used 845G chipset instead of 845GV.

In which case you can do nothing about it. Your Ram is running perfectly fine at the speed which your mobo chipset ie 845G supports.

OP
D

dipak15

Broken In
From my analysis from the images I can figure out this :

From the pictures I can see your mobo is based on 845G chipset which suppotrs DDR 266Mhz max.

So I think gigabyte has used 845G chipset instead of 845GV.

In which case you can do nothing about it. Your Ram is running perfectly fine at the speed which your mobo chipset ie 845G supports.

but my mobo is 845GVM ....also y Q-Flash and @BIOS shows incorrect file message....for the F8 version of BIOS???

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but my mobo is 845GVM ....

But CPU-Z is showing your mobo is based on 845G chipset.

also y Q-Flash and @BIOS shows incorrect file message....for the F8 version of BIOS???

I've no clue about that . May be uploaded bios files are corrupted on their severs.

One suggestion : if you're confident enough that your mobo is based on
845gv chipset then why not flash it with F7 or F6 bios & see if that solves your prob.

OP
D

dipak15

Broken In
One suggestion : if you're confident enough that your mobo is based on
845gv chipset then why not flash it with F7 or F6 bios & see if that solves your prob.

Okay....I'll give this a try ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom