ram required

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, your current Ram needs 1.65V to run at 1600 MHz speed. So do not buy a 1600 MHz Ram which operates at 1.5V.
Either sell of your old Rams and get three 4GB 1600 MHz CL9 1.5V modules (each will be around 2 to 2.2K) from Corsair or G-Skill or get the 3X2GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMP6GX3M3A1600C8 - Newegg.com

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
not ditching my old ram.
found this 6gb for 120$ and 12gb for 245$+fan
Amazon.com: Corsair Dominator 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMP6GX3M3A1600C8): Electronics

what should i buy 6 gb or 12gb.

Soumik

Padawan
seriously... even 8 gb would be more than enough lol.
IMO faster and better ram matters. I am not sure if you got any problems with the ram you already have... but my 6gb, i nver got ay probems even with latest games.. unless you plan to run more than one parallely. Most games are primarily targeted for consoles.. and they dont have a lot of ram.. so its just the OS and the extra background processes that take up the extra memory. I would rather have suggested ditching you current ram and getting an even better 8gb kit instead... but then again.. tri channel setup might change that...

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
i know 6 gb is enough right now buy i keep my chrome open(around 50 tabs) which takes 2-3 gb.so when i game i have to close it.i am going for 12 gb to future proof my system for 2-3 years.and after some time these rams wont be available which is another reason to buy now.

i found this link is it a good site to buy
*www.gadgets.in/corsair-desktop-mem...-2gb-1600-mhz-dominator-cmp6gx3m3a1600c8.html

Soumik

Padawan
In that case it is definitely necessary. Personally, i close all browsers before sitting for serious gaming.. I really hate it when people keep pinging me somewhere when am trying to concentrate in the gameplay or story. But ya, if you have so many tabs open, 6 gb is gonna be eaten up very easily. And, ya, 2-3 yrs down the road they might nt be available. My simple corsair value rams for dad's comp got replaced by some other value ram model in 2 yrs time... so couldnt do dual channel setup :(.

The site looks genuine enough. But not sure if you will get good price and aftersales support from them. Probably better off buying from chandni... or get it from US.

OP
arko1983

arko1983

In the zone
ya it seems availability is an issue here. so better buy from us for less(though will not get warranty that's sad).

Top Bottom