Ram questions!

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Right now i have a 4gb gskill ripjaws x (cl11).

1)My question is should i add another 4gb or sell this one and buy 1x8gb?

2)If i go with another 4gb is it absolutely necessary to buy the EXACT same model of ram ?

3)In near future (1-2 years) is it possible that games will require more than 8 gb ram ?

4)if i sell my 4gb ram what price would i get? (3 months old,never overclocked or tweaked with.)

5) what is the market price for 4gb and 8gb ram? (flipkart price is way too high.)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Just buy another 4GB RAM of the same model and 8GB max is enough. You did not specify which speed? 1600MHz 4GB costs 2500 and 1600MHz 8GB costs 4500-5200 locally. Depends on brands. Better get G.Skill only.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Right now i have a 4gb gskill ripjaws x (cl11).

1)My question is should i add another 4gb or sell this one and buy 1x8gb?

2)If i go with another 4gb is it absolutely necessary to buy the EXACT same model of ram ?

3)In near future (1-2 years) is it possible that games will require more than 8 gb ram ?

4)if i sell my 4gb ram what price would i get? (3 months old,never overclocked or tweaked with.)

5) what is the market price for 4gb and 8gb ram? (flipkart price is way too high.)

1) do not need to sell. get another 4gb/ how many ram slots does your mobo have?
2)try to get the exact model. gskills are available in plenty of online stores.
3)i dont know. but in 2 years lifespan , it is highly unlikely.
4)today ram is very costly. do not sell old.
5)make and model?

OP
NiGHtfUrY

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Just buy another 4GB RAM of the same model and 8GB max is enough. You did not specify which speed? 1600MHz 4GB costs 2500 and 1600MHz 8GB costs 4500-5200 locally. Depends on brands. Better get G.Skill only.

Okay,is gaming affected by 1600mhz or 2400mhz? or by cas latencies?

1) do not need to sell. get another 4gb/ how many ram slots does your mobo have?
2)try to get the exact model. gskills are available in plenty of online stores.
3)i dont know. but in 2 years lifespan , it is highly unlikely.
4)today ram is very costly. do not sell old.
5)make and model?

i have a gigabye ud3h with i5-3570k,4 ram slots total.How can i find out the exact model of my ram?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

i have a gigabye ud3h with i5-3570k,4 ram slots total.How can i find out the exact model of my ram?

There is no increase in gaming performance from 1600Mhz -2400Mhz.So its better to use the most cheaper variant and that is 1600Mhz. To find out the exact model of your Ram you can either find it in your MB Bios or run CPU-Z.You can download from this: Download CPU-Z 1.67.1 - FileHippo.com

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

lower case latencies improves refresh times. get 1600 mhz ram.

Top Bottom