ram problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd1907

Right off the assembly line
my mobo is intel 845 with 128 mb ibm ram(168pin) now i want to upgrade it so i want to know wheather i can go for any brand like zion etc or i have to buy ibm ram only also tell me about price of sd ram 256 mb

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
anubhav_har wrote:
try upgrading to ddr... but if you dont wanna try sd any brand.. ibm is not a neccesity.... you understand...
Hey does the 845 mobo supports the DDR RAMs ??? :shock: :shock: i really dont think so bro !!! (this is wat my h/w person told me).
Only the 865 intel mobos supports the DDR RAMs of frequencies 266,333 and 400 Mhz.....

Neways dd1907 i think u will hv to go in for a SD RAM coz the 845 mobo doesnt supports the DDR RAMs...(plz correct me guys/mods if im wrong..).U can go for HYNIX RAMs or TRANSCEND.....

cheers n e-peace.....

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Ur "hardware person" is ignorant, all the late model 845's, 845 gvsr and afterwards, support DDR, so that has to be verified first. I'm not sure but 168 pin sounds like DDR to me

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
boards based on the 845 chipset have DDR support,i myself am using 512 MB DDR333 (could'nt find DDR266) on an intel D845GLAD mbd.

@teknoPhobia
168 pin is SD RAM,184 pin is DDR RAM.

expertno.1

Technomancer
my mobo is intel 845 with 128 mb ibm ram(168pin) now i want to upgrade it so i want to know wheather i can go for any brand like zion etc or i have to buy ibm ram only also tell me about price of sd ram 256 mb

ok now thats the case of SD ram so u need to upgrade

AlienTech

In the zone
I think the 845 gvsr uses SDRAM, When I was looking to upgrade I wanted to use the RAM from my P3 and this was one of the motherboards mentioned. But I went with DDR anyway so did not follow it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom