RAM not specified in Asus P5NSli QVL

Status
Not open for further replies.

manoj7777777

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,
I got myself a P5NSLI mobo and 2x1 DDR2 667 Transcend RAM to go with it. Even though Transcend is specified in the QVL for P5NSLI, the chip code of the RAM that i got is not present in the QVL. I have not opened my mobo and RAM pack. Should I go ahead and assemble or should I change the RAM modules? Please help...

Thanks in advance,
Manoj

OP
M

manoj7777777

Right off the assembly line
Hi ppl,
I finally went ahead and assembled the sys.. the specs are

Mobo : Asus P5NSLI (nVidia 570 SLI chipset)
Cpu : Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2 Ghz
2x1 GB Transcend 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM
XFX 8600 GT 256 MB
250 GB SATA
Zebronics Bijli cabby

Once we started the system.. nothing happened and no beeps were heard. the keyboard LED flashed just once and then stopped responding. We had a doubt with the CPU-Mobo compatability and found that E4500 was supported by the Mobo from BIOS ver 1401. the problem is Am not able to find the stock BIOS version. Asus tech support site seems to be ineffective as well.. any suggestions or workarounds ???

darklord

Cyborg Agent
the current bios of the board can be seen on the actual bios chip onthe motherboard.A small sticker is pasted over the chip with existing bios version.

Also if possible, change that board Nforce5 series chipsets were never meant for Core CPUs.
Here are your options -

1] Asus P5N-E SLI (650i SLI)
2] XFX/Galaxy 650i Ultra (650i Ultra, Nvidia reference design)
3] Abit IP35-E ( Intel p35)
4] Biostar P35 ( Intel P35)
5] Gigabyte G33 (Intel G33, onboard Video)
6] Gigabyte G31 (Intel G31, onboard video)

I guess these are sufficient options, these options are with different Prices. I am not aware of your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom